Hey all you AR15 guy's...........

Muygrande

Okay, I've got some MBR's, HK91, FAL's, and AK's and know what I need to know about them, but only one assault rifle it's an AR with a flattop 20" Bull with a Leupold Tactical on the Bushwacker.
My question is now that the AWB is sunsetted I'm interested in a Short flattop that I can Reddot/aimpoint/or trijicon. You know something for CQB and three gun matches. A toy if you will. Any recommendations?? How much velocity will I lose going that short? I know what happens from 26"-24" and from 24" to 22" but basically have no idea what proper burn length would be for the poodle shooter?? Will 16" burn the powder? Any insight? If I'm gonna end up with .22 mag velocities I'll just use what I've got it's just a little slow to get moving. ::huh:

HELP! :banginghe

RamblinWreck

A Colt 6920 (LE Tactical Carbine) would be a good shorty, or a Bushmaster M4 style (my preference). I have a Colt M4gery with a 16" M4 barrel I like a lot. Shoots very dependably. I am shopping for used LE Bushmasters myself, looking for a couple used lowers with the LEO markings for collecting.

Schulze

MUy M4 carbines US Issue run a 14.5 inch barrel. That and the new LR ball for the 223 using a 77 gr SMK I have heard no problems with them.

55 grain ball is still running over 2700 FPS in the shorties. Look at Rock river. Bushmaster is too proud of their stuff.

dbodkin

Nothing I couldnt get before the sunset... but I'm always looking for good deals :bounce:

hpurvis

Gone But Not Forgotten
The short barrells are probably ok for you use, but they sure are unhappy with them in Iraq and Afghanistan due to the loss in terminal performances at several hundred yards. For CQ work I too prefer the shorter barrel. I have a long flash suppressor I want to try on one of mine and see how it does. Its fun to play, just don't have the time or energy as I would like.