High Cold Water in the Smokies

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Fishing is tough with the creeks about blown out from all the recent rain and nighttime temps in the 30s. Hit a stream or two that were just too high and cold to fish, but I managed to find a small creek way back in the mountains that was fishable. Chock full of colorful 7"-8" rainbows, a couple in every hole. Since this used to be mostly a speck creek until the rainbows took over, I knocked a limit of them in the head and brought them home. They should appear in the cafe tomorrow night. :D

Attachments

• creek1.jpg
    creek1.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 571
  • creek2.jpg
    creek2.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 568
  • creek3.jpg
    creek3.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 564
  • trillium.jpg
    trillium.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 568
  • showyorchis.jpg
    showyorchis.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 562
  • bow1.jpg
    bow1.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 563
  • bow2.jpg
    bow2.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 564
  • bow3.jpg
    bow3.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 564
  • bow4.jpg
    bow4.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 576
  • dragonfly.jpg
    dragonfly.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 563

whitetailfreak

Dandy bows right there. I believe my wife and I are going to wet a line this evening. Like you said, creeks that should look like Collins Creek look more like Ocanaluftee. High water makes it tough.

Bream Pole

Thanks

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
We've got water running in places water don't usually run. Nice pics, were you throwing a dry/dropper combo?

Meriwether Mike

Nice pictures. Water was running high in Brevard this weekend. Trout were holding tight to the banks. They were still on a Winter nymph pattern as well.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
We've got water running in places water don't usually run. Nice pics, were you throwing a dry/dropper combo?

Tightlining nymphs, with added weight. They wouldn't even look up at all. There were quill gordons hatching thick on that last creek, not a single fish after them.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Beautiful pics NCH!!!!! God's country for sure!!!

Cook&Bro

Appreciate your posts - incredible scenery, beautiful streams, and crisp images. Thanks !!