High falls

Ajohnson0587

No algae, but the bite has been slow and the water is a bit dirty. I've fished it the last 2 weekend and only caught 3 fish. All were in deeper water on a drop shot with a trick worm. The fish have been feeding on shad on the surface, but they didn't seem interested in my top water stuff.

CamoDawg85

Ok, cool. Good to know on the algae. Surprised they are not taking to topwater baits. Were they feeding at dawn/dusk or randomly throughout the day?

Thanks guys.

BigGreenGoblin

Ok, cool. Good to know on the algae. Surprised they are not taking to topwater baits. Were they feeding at dawn/dusk or randomly throughout the day?

Thanks guys.
I fished 9-3 and only caught two, on jigs. It was tough and hot. I threw a little topwater but I think I got there too late for it.

Last edited:

RamblinWreck

Only fished the place once, but I feel like I didn't get my money's worth (the $5 for parking, LOL), so I aim to go back. I don't know jack about that lake (yet). It looks like it would be awesome for bream, but I couldn't get on 'em. If anyone wants to hit it during the week, holler, I might be able to meet ya there.

Ajohnson0587

Only fished the place once, but I feel like I didn't get my money's worth (the $5 for parking, LOL), so I aim to go back. I don't know jack about that lake (yet). It looks like it would be awesome for bream, but I couldn't get on 'em. If anyone wants to hit it during the week, holler, I might be able to meet ya there.

This is exactly ho I felt yesterday lol. I fished from 7:30 to 1 and couldn't get them to bite. In the morning they were blowing up shad on the surface until 9 and they would not touch anything I threw on top water (drove me crazy), the afternoon was dead and I should have gone home at 9:01 lol.

Ramblin I may shoot you a PM in a few weeks for a week day trip, I work every third Saturday and that week I get a day off in the week, unfortunately im about 2 weeks away from that work week.