Hillbilly Creek Salmon

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Trout I caught over the weekend: stocker rainbow pushing 18" and about 3 lbs.

creeksalmon1.jpg

Filleted it out and declared it to be salmon.

creeksalmon2.jpg

Glazed with olive oil, salt, pepper, spicy brown mustard, brown sugar, lemon zest, and fresh rosemary and chunked in the fridge to chill while I get the Akorn fired up.

creeksalmon3.jpg

I think this is gonna be good.

ambush80

That is absolutely beautiful. I wasn't hungry yet and didn't know what I wanted to eat but you just nudged me in a direction.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Yukon Rose taters tossed with olive oil, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, cayenne, and fresh rosemary. Headed for the oven.

creeksalmon4.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Taters flipped and hit with fresh-grated Parmesan. Fish on the Akorn.

creeksalmon5.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:

Dub

That’s a monsta you got filleted there.

I know it’s gonna be awesome.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Oh Wow!!!!! Great looking grub!!!

naildrvr

Please wait till tomorrow to show it all plated.I do not want to dream about it tonight.
I know dats right! All I had was a mater sammich, which was good, but man that trout and taters is gonna be something serious!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
This is the best thing I've ate in awhile.

creeksalmon6.jpg

Those who say that stocker trout aren't fit to eat are doing something wrong. :)

Last edited:

ambush80

This is the best thing I've ate in awhile.

View attachment 936411

Those who say that stocker trout aren't fit to eat are doing something wrong. :)

Beautiful and delicious.

They do gain something by living wild for a year or two after stocking. Those holdovers are prettier, stronger fighters, their meat is pink and firm, and their fins are all intact. That's how it seems to me when we catch one that big around here.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Beautiful and delicious.

They do gain something by living wild for a year or two after stocking. Those holdovers are prettier, stronger fighters, their meat is pink and firm, and their fins are all intact. That's how it seems to me when we catch one that big around here.
Yep. The longer they stay in the creek, the better they are.

GA1dad

Very cool,, great looking plate!!