History "buffs"

dutchman

Anybody else really like and study history? I love U.S. history, particularly that period of time we refer to as the "War of Northern Aggression."

Anybody else?

REMINGTON710

I wouldn't caall me a buff but I love southern civil war tatics and such

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Watch the Histoty Channel all the time (wife hates it:hammers: ). Amazing how history tends to repeat itself.

Wetzel

I really enjoy reading about the history of the Kentucky/Ohio area. Alot of history in that area that seems to get overlooked today.

Anyone interested in some good reading about the history of the Ohio river area should take a look at books written by Allan W. Eckert, especially The Winning of America Series. Great books...

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I like and study the history of the entire North American continent from the Stone Age through 1890. Every aspect of it that I can find, I add to my library.

REMINGTON710

Oh I like WWII or the civil war

Bone Collector

WOODIE13 said:
Watch the Histoty Channel all the time (wife hates it:hammers: ). Amazing how history tends to repeat itself.

WOODIE13, You're right they do a lot of reruns on the history channel.:rofl:

I love anything about the civil war. If you've never seen the Cyclorama at the Atlanta Zoo and you like civil war history, then you should check it out. It's amazing! You've just have to see it.

BC

REMINGTON710

Civil War the war everybody who thinks, thaught it wasabout racism

Jeff Phillips

I have read a lot over the years about the "War of Northern Aggression" and a lot of historical novels surrounding the era of the Mountain Men in the Rockies.

Lately (the last 2 or 3 years) I have been reading about the Revolutionary War era.

I read a book a week most weeks.

Torupduck

Banned
I love watching the history and discovery channel. The wife grumbles when I turn it on at night to fall asleep to.

REMINGTON710

Do you read while deer hunting

rayjay

Mostly mechanized warfare. Some WWI. Lots of WWII with an emphasis on airwar and naval and sub. Some Korean. Pretty good bit of VN with emphasis on airwar. Israeli conflicts and post 1900 zionism. Falklands. Congo.

rj

alex30808

I dont read as much as I need to...But I do like all educational channels.....history, history international, military, tlc, discovery, science, weather...ect...wife and kids hate it when I demand control of the remote!!!!

rayjay

Although some of the newer stuff is pretty good a lot of it has info that is just plain wrong. It's either revisionist or just wrong. P47 with "six 50 cal machine guns". What !!! I have heard lots of other 'bloopers'. It aggravates me when 'history' stuff is wrong.

rj

Meriwether Mike

I am a student of American history. I was a Governors Honors nominee in history. I like reading about wartime and hearing about it on the history channel.

Fishin & Hunting

Son's fault

My 12 year old son has gotten me into WWII history. He watches the history channel all the time. We are now watching the "World at War" DVD series. He saved up his money and aquired a Springfield 1903.

I am now reading a survivor's account of the sinking of the Bismark.

I have always loved to explore the history on the exploration of our country. Looking now for a good book on the accounts of Lewis and Clark's expodition.

alphachief

Harkins,
Your right about the Eckert books. I have all 5 or 6 of them and I've read them several times. Simon Kenton was something else. Great historical account of how our country was really settled.

REMINGTON710

Fishin & Hunting said:
My 12 year old son has gotten me into WWII history. He watches the history channel all the time. We are now watching the "World at War" DVD series. He saved up his money and aquired a Springfield 1903.

I am now reading a survivor's account of the sinking of the Bismark.

I have always loved to explore the history on the exploration of our country. Looking now for a good book on the accounts of Lewis and Clark's expodition.
My grandpa did it too me (he was in the war WWII)