Hiwassee

Bitteroot

Polar Bear Moderator
Well I just pulled in from my trip to NC this weekend. rhBama, you should have went! Didn't get a lot of pics, to busy fishing and eatin! But here are a couple of the ones we caught on size 18 midge larva. Great food and good friends, man this place was nice.

Attachments

• October 08 004.jpg
    October 08 004.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 398
  • October 08 008.jpg
    October 08 008.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 407
Last edited:

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
holy cow! those are some monsters!
I have GOT to get up there, somehow. Looks like you had a really awesome time. I'm not much of a fly fisherman but i can wear them out with an ultra-light spinning outfit.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Big ole fine ones right there. Congrats.

Bitteroot

Polar Bear Moderator
Was on the Soque or was it it public river?

It is a public river. The Hiwassee in Murphy NC. The area has some restrictions since it is semi private, but floatable and very fishable. The place we stayed had beautiful landscapes and river access. Many of the homes had feeders on the main river, hince the fat nature of the fish. There is no stocking program, so the fish are wild but fed. Very similar to the Soque. They feed all up and down the river, and we were very fortunate to be able to fish there. I had one of the best times I ever had fishing. Didn't even have to put my waders on, just moved up and down the bank a few hundred yards. It was a blast! I cooked lots of food for my friends and just hung out watched football, fished, drank a few beers and kicked back and enjoyed!

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
Good job Bitter!!!

BTW I like to trout fish............................

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Good job Bitter!!!

BTW I like to trout fish............................

Hey Branch,your contribution to this forum is always welcome. Thanks for hop'n in here every now and then.:cool:

Lorri

Well I just pulled in from my trip to NC this weekend. rhBama, you should have went! Didn't get a lot of pics, to busy fishing and eatin! But here are a couple of the ones we caught on size 18 midge larva. Great food and good friends, man this place was nice.

Glad you had a great trip and a great weekend. :):)

Branchminnow

Hey Branch,your contribution to this forum is always welcome. Thanks for hop'n in here every now and then.:cool:

WEll I know I dont post much....I should start a thread about my succes a few weeks ago up in Cherokee. But I have no pics.......:( but since ole bitter dont care I ll just tell yall I caught 12 brookies.......:cool: then went on downstream and caught some big ole fat rainbows.......but yall will just have to take my word for it....I was all by my lonesome.

Bitteroot

Polar Bear Moderator
WEll I know I dont post much....I should start a thread about my succes a few weeks ago up in Cherokee. But I have no pics.......:( but since ole bitter dont care I ll just tell yall I caught 12 brookies.......:cool: then went on downstream and caught some big ole fat rainbows.......but yall will just have to take my word for it....I was all by my lonesome.

No pics, no proof! Don't care if you is a preacher!

It never happened. :bounce:

We need to hook up though, I think you'd have a good time on any of the places I fish! :cool:

Branchminnow

No pics, no proof! Don't care if you is a preacher!

It never happened. :bounce:

We need to hook up though, I think you'd have a good time on any of the places I fish! :cool:

:p:p:p

WE would have a good time though!

anglerEd

Extremely nice fish. Sounds like yall had the perfect weekend