Hog bait

ShortMagFan

Starting to get some pig pictures for the first time on my land in the piedmont of SC. Just occasional pictures of a couple of young boars at this point but would like to get rid of them before they get thick

Me and the neighbors have about 1100 acres and we run broadcast feeders year round. I know, it’s a wonder we don’t have pigs already

I’ve got supplies to build a corral trap but I’m going to wait until they get regular at one of the feeders before I do that. I also have a big cage trap I was going to go ahead and put out/bait. Easy enough to bait it with corn but should I add anything else to make it more attractive to them? I’ve heard of kool aid or jello mix being a good attractant.

bany

If you wait for them to get regular you may have an uncontrollable population!

Jester896

Senior Clown
I’ve got supplies to build a corral trap but I’m going to wait until they get regular at one of the feeders before I do that. I also have a big cage trap I was going to go ahead and put out/bait. Easy enough to bait it with corn but should I add anything else to make it more attractive to them? I’ve heard of kool aid or jello mix being a good attractant.

Jester896

Senior Clown
if you use the cage you might make them trap smart...put up the corral one panel at a time and catch the whole sounder at once. If it is one or two lone boars the cage would work.

sleepr71

Yep,go ahead & do as big a Corral trap as you can! My take on hogs is: if you don't have them...you don't want them!!! I also totally agree that çatching one,or two in a box trap will only serve to educate the rest! Catch & kill them all at once...