Hog Hunting During Turkey Season

My brother wants to come to GA this spring to hot hogs. First question , does he have to have big game license or will one of the lesser hunting license suffice? I am not seeing a bow mentioned as an acceptable weapon for turkey. Am I simply missing it or is that the case?

Danny Leigh

GONetwork Member
Are you planning on hunting public or private land? If private, you don't need a big game license if hunting only hogs. Public land you would need a big game license if hunting during turkey season.

A bow is legal for turkey.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Are you planning on hunting public or private land? If private, you don't need a big game license if hunting only hogs. Public land you would need a big game license if hunting during turkey season.

A bow is legal for turkey.

This^^^ almost positive shooting sticks is ok for turkey. Check under legal weapons or firearms for turkeys

I did kill a pig with turkey loads and #4 shot, but it was a small pig and I was close?

Mark K

Banned
I stoned about a 100-125# pig with #9 TSS out of a 20ga this past turkey season at about 35 yards. Got tired of shooting them with my TSS so just started carrying Hevi13 again on my WMA.