Hog Hunting over Bait

unclebrad

I was wondering how the regulations for Hog hunting work on private land. If I understand the hunting regulations book, you can not hunt hogs over bait. But, if you put out hog traps, you can walk up and kill them in the traps. Am I right on this? Its confusing to me because if you bait the trap, then aren't you killing the hog over 'bait' in the trap? :huh:

We have too many hogs on our place, and were thinking about getting a trap, but want to make sure we stay legal.

Thanks,

Public Land Prowler

You can kill them in a trap year around,and you can get a permit to bait them,but you will not be allowed to bait them during turkey or deer season for obvious reasons.

Some of the regs make no sense.Why can you bait a trap,but not scatter it down the road?Why can you hunt a corn field,but not over corn on the road?Doesn't matter to me I don't hunt corn fields or over corn,but it is silly.

doublelungdriller

You can kill them in a trap year around,and you can get a permit to bait them,but you will not be allowed to bait them during turkey or deer season for obvious reasons.

Some of the regs make no sense.Why can you bait a trap,but not scatter it down the road?Why can you hunt a corn field,but not over corn on the road?Doesn't matter to me I don't hunt corn fields or over corn,but it is silly.

and i do agree with you.

Redbow

I figure some of the regulations here in NC and Georgia are made by people who know nothing about Hog hunting or any other kind of hunting! Just my humble opinion on this subject!

If that is so, I can see why the regulations read like they do!