Hog light for night hunting

flyrod444

I got the green. We had a $300.00 wicked lite feeder lite that worked great for two seasons and stopped working. It had a new battery in it when it quite and company was imposible to work with as far as getting parts. That is when I thought of trying these little lights and while they aren't as bright as the high dollar feeder light they are more then enough for hunting a bait pile and much cheaper. The batteries can be replaced in minutes which I haven't had to do yet though. I will post a picture of my set up tomorrow some time.
Good luck.

SCPO

I got the green. We had a $300.00 wicked lite feeder lite that worked great for two seasons and stopped working. It had a new battery in it when it quite and company was imposible to work with as far as getting parts. That is when I thought of trying these little lights and while they aren't as bright as the high dollar feeder light they are more then enough for hunting a bait pile and much cheaper. The batteries can be replaced in minutes which I haven't had to do yet though. I will post a picture of my set up tomorrow some time.
Good luck.
Thanks. I am going to order a couple

flyrod444

IMG_20181224_122509612_HDR-510x680.jpgIMG_20181224_122518283_HDR-680x510.jpgHere is a picture of my lights mounted in a board with a bracket that allows me to screw it to a section of galvanized water pipe driven into the ground. I use an end cap on pipe when driving it to prevent damage to treads. I can adjust these four lights to cover the area well.

frankwright

I built four of these to put around our feeders and they have worked great.
I bought the solar lights from Amazon in a two pack for about $50 and I also bought some auto headlight green film while I was there.
I mounted them to a board just to make it easier to transport and install. I put it on a tree with a cheap ratchet strap. I siliconed around the light for added protection. They have worked for three years so far.
They are adjustable for sensitivity, duration and activation and have on-off and auto.

I have found in heavily wooded areas I sometimes have to turn it off for a day or so to get a full charge. If they get enough sun that is not a problem.
Hogs don't mind them and I have pictures of pigs eating with the light on. They are pretty bright for the money.

Attachments

• 1-HOG LIGHT.jpg
    1-HOG LIGHT.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 39

SCPO

I built four of these to put around our feeders and they have worked great.
I bought the solar lights from Amazon in a two pack for about $50 and I also bought some auto headlight green film while I was there.
I mounted them to a board just to make it easier to transport and install. I put it on a tree with a cheap ratchet strap. I siliconed around the light for added protection. They have worked for three years so far.
They are adjustable for sensitivity, duration and activation and have on-off and auto.

I have found in heavily wooded areas I sometimes have to turn it off for a day or so to get a full charge. If they get enough sun that is not a problem.
Hogs don't mind them and I have pictures of pigs eating with the light on. They are pretty bright for the money.

Where did you buy your light

twincedargap

Buy a solar charger motion LED light at amazon or Home Depot / Lowe’s, then cover the lense with red brake light film ($1.59 @ oreillys or autozone). Total cost maybe $35-$50 depending upon your light cost. I’d buy one with the separate full solar panel so you bank enough energy to survive the nights activities.

SCPO

Buy a solar charger motion LED light at amazon or Home Depot / Lowe’s, then cover the lense with red brake light film ($1.59 @ oreillys or autozone). Total cost maybe $35-$50 depending upon your light cost. I’d buy one with the separate full solar panel so you bank enough energy to survive the nights activities.

thanks. will do