Hog Pipe Results - Hog Down

Fork Horn

I posted about a week ago about a feeder my son and I made to keep a few hogs around so we can shoot one. In the other post, I was sharing a few photos where a bear had found our feeder. Here's the thread if anyone is interested and missed it.

http://forum.gon.com/threads/bear-coming-to-feeder.924208/

Well the bear is still coming but the corn is lasting great since he can only get a little out at a time. Here's a photo from a few nights ago.

8-17-2018 685.JPG8-17-2018 732.JPG

Although the bear is still coming, one of the hogs couldn't stay away. My son shot at this hog about a week and a half ago but missed. No sign of him since that shot until last night. He was actually there two nights ago but we didn't know until we checked the camera today.

8-17-2018 992.JPG8-17-2018 1011.JPG

However, he made a mistake and came back last night before everyone here was asleep. Here's a couple of photos to show the trouble he got into.

8-17-2018 1240.JPG

And a moment later....8-17-2018 1241.JPG

Fork Horn

To make it even better, here's a video. If you look closely, you can see the pipe in the video. Pay no attention to the time on the photos and the video; I'm not sure which one is correct.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rosewood

That is a win for the home team.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Nice work. Cool video with the night scope. How far of a shot was that?

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
It was interesting to see the Bear feeding. Congrats on the hawg, and thanks for the Pics.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Always wondered how the image was on a night scope at distance. What type scope do you use? I've been looking, but it's hard to find samples of what the image looks like at any distance. Thanks,

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Fork Horn,

Thanks for sharing this as it is really cool to see this on a video. Nice photo of your local bear too. Great photos all the way around to document this event happening. Congrats to you and your family on getting the job done for sure !!!

Fork Horn

Always wondered how the image was on a night scope at distance. What type scope do you use? I've been looking, but it's hard to find samples of what the image looks like at any distance. Thanks,
The image looks much better through the scope than it does on the video. I read this and was told this many times before actually seeing it for myself. From my house, I can see the bait pipe from about six hundred yards away and I have no trouble determining what I'm looking at. In fact the night we shot this hog, I was expecting to see the bear over there, he's there most nights, but was surprised to see the hog. We check almost every night before going to bed and my son will often look during the middle of the night if he happens to wake up.

My scope is a Pulsar XP50 and I would highly recommend it. Interestingly, it was someone on here that's recommended it to me.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
The image looks much better through the scope than it does on the video. I read this and was told this many times before actually seeing it for myself. From my house, I can see the bait pipe from about six hundred yards away and I have no trouble determining what I'm looking at. In fact the night we shot this hog, I was expecting to see the bear over there, he's there most nights, but was surprised to see the hog. We check almost every night before going to bed and my son will often look during the middle of the night if he happens to wake up.

My scope is a Pulsar XP50 and I would highly recommend it. Interestingly, it was someone on here that's recommended it to me.

That is a good time right there! Seeing bears in the wild is an exciting thing! I have only been fortunate enough to have seen one one time and I will never forget it! Being able to watch one feed has got to be way cool!