Hog traps

I am looking to purchase some hog traps but do not know where to begin. I live in Terrell County Georgia. Can any one point me in the right direction. It seems that wild pork has grown on the family. Thank you.

flingin1

If you have Facebook check market place or craigslist.

sleepr71

Probably simplest to get a 4x4x8 “Box” style trap like KMckinney^^^ showed you. If you’re just after meat..why not just shoot them,instead of trapping?

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I will show how I do a trigger in this thread when I set it again.
Don’t need it but I feel it helps.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Ok this is how I hold the doors open to get them to going in with feed. 36C4EF10-11E9-4BA5-AEB5-8BCBA4FBE8B4.jpeg

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
This is a trigger I made to the middle door. Not needed but I like doing it. 454E6D38-356C-4CF1-8C38-A501B4AC15B7.jpegA64008F5-7433-41A2-BCFF-6D0B4D205F27.jpegU can see I still have the door holder in place. I take it out letting the 2 outside doors go down. The trigger is on the middle door.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I mix the jam in the corn. Put little on the outside pour the rest in.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Good luck , take us a picture in the morning ! Thanks for sharing !

j_seph

Probably simplest to get a 4x4x8 “Box” style trap like KMckinney^^^ showed you. If you’re just after meat..why not just shoot them,instead of trapping?
You will get more hogs by trap and dogs than hunting

RootConservative

I keep the panels open when I'm not going to be around to check it. During those times I use normal corn. However, when I'm ready to bait the trap I always have one five gallon bucket filled 2/3 corn then I pour strawberry cool aide and a bunch of yeast and fill with water leaving about 1.5" for air and close the top. Then I put it somewhere that gets a lot of sunlight. I leave this concoction baking for 5-6 weeks before re baiting the trap for my next catch. This is the formula I use and catch anywhere from a couple pigs up to 26 (most at one time).

Last edited: