Hog war! Hog wash!

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
I think ants play a big part in all ground bearing animals .
I’ve put out ant poison around the house on ant mounts & see more rabbits and quail now.

The science is on NCHillbilly's side. Everyone wants a face on the culprit like coyotes or fireants, but the biggest issue is landscape level habitat change. When so much of the southeast was cleared for agriculture and farming practices were less commercialized and clean, we had a sea of habitat for quail and rabbits. All the topsoil washed away and most sloping land was converted to pine stands and pasture.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
The science is on NCHillbilly's side. Everyone wants a face on the culprit like coyotes or fireants, but the biggest issue is landscape level habitat change. When so much of the southeast was cleared for agriculture and farming practices were less commercialized and clean, we had a sea of habitat for quail and rabbits. All the topsoil washed away and most sloping land was converted to pine stands and pasture.

True.
Thanks.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Everybody has an opinion . I love huntin them pigs and good eatin too . Long live the porkers

I love hunting and eating them too. That doesn't change the fact that they are probably the most destructive animal on this continent and will severely damage or wipe out some habitats and other species. They eat everything, including fawns and turkey eggs, and root up and destroy stuff 24/7.