Holidays are over-Get back to work Driveler #266.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmp1

BANNED
I don`t think I know Harry A, but I`ve eaten smoked mullet all my life. I love those things. In fact, I need to get my net, hook up my boat, and run down to Wewa and pick up my buddy and go get a load of em. Now is the time, you know.
Are they like blues?

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
Nic Harry had a hardware store and bar on the right at the end of the causeway when you first got on SGI. He use to have a major shark tournament every summer. He had a big stainless smoker out front with drawers full of delicious smoked mullet. It’s a half rate seafood place now.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Nic Harry had a hardware store and bar on the right at the end of the causeway when you first got on SGI. He use to have a major shark tournament every summer. He had a big stainless smoker out front with drawers full of delicious smoked mullet. It’s a half rate seafood place now.

Ah, I remember now. I`ve heard of it. Dave, I never fooled around out there on the Island. I started fishing Econfina back in the early 70`s, worked my way around and fished out of Spring Creek for several years, fished out from St Marks and the Aucilla some, Carrabelle a little (not much), always stopped in to eat at Clayton Oak`s restaurant (loved that place), fished out of Mexico Beach for about 15 years, abandoned the area for a while, then began a serious love affair with The Forgotten Coast again several years ago, and now do most of my fishing out of Port St Joe. Apalachicola is my adopted home town in the Panhandle, and if I can scratch up enough money, I plan to buy an acre or two in the area bordered by the National Forest along the coast.

Just enough land to put a camper on and park a 20 foot boat. Secluded enough to clean a deer, turkey, bear, or a net full of mullet without some nosy neighbor looking to get cut or shot, and where I can see the stars. I have no plans to change my reclusive and solitary ways. Just a comfortable place to base my fishing and turkey hunting, mostly. Close enough so my Lady, The Redhead and I can meet up with old friends in Apalach and Wewa, and hide from the world. And maybe entertain a few select friends from here ever once in a while.

Once a renegade, always a renegade. I might tell some stories or write a book one day, if I live long enough. :cheers:

:cheers:

Cmp1

BANNED
Does mullet run like the blues,,,,

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
I caught 30 huge blues one night on the Juno beach pier and probably lost twice that many. It was my last night in town and I took the CVS manager of the store I had just built in Palm Beach Garden. We drank too much and at 11:30 I was ready to call it a night. She said fine clean the fish. I cleaned blues until 2 am.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
? ? ? ?,,,,no Yanks up here,their from NE way,,,,

To Unresconstructed Southerners, yankees are anybody above the Mason Dixon line. To us Diehard Devout Southerners, anything From atlanta north, are yankees.

Face it, in our eyes, you`re a yankee. :)

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
Yes Nic they are and we have been lied to our whole lives. They are not the devil. They are kind polite friendly caring people. We travel a lot and these northerners go out of their way to befriend us. I’ve learned driving etiquette in Pennsylvania that is amazing. Michiganders are fun loyal people. Wisconsin is home to my favorite bar in the mainland

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Yes Nic they are and we have been lied to our whole lives. They are not the devil. They are kind polite friendly caring people. We travel a lot and these northerners go out of their way to befriend us. I’ve learned driving etiquette in Pennsylvania that is amazing. Michiganders are fun loyal people. Wisconsin is home to my favorite bar in the mainland

Never been further north than Bristol Virginia, Dave, and then only once. I have been as far west as Dixon Wyoming on a mule deer hunt a long time ago

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
I walked into a bar in Elk River Minnesota one night and was queried for hours about why I was there. The next night I was Dave from Georgia and was accepted in their gambling games as a true partner. Treated me like a local.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I walked into a bar in Elk River Minnesota one night and was queried for hours about why I was there. The next night I was Dave from Georgia and was accepted in their gambling games as a true partner. Treated me like a local.

I understand them folks like to hear us talk?

Cmp1

BANNED
I caught 30 huge blues one night on the Juno beach pier and probably lost twice that many. It was my last night in town and I took the CVS manager of the store I had just built in Palm Beach Garden. We drank too much and at 11:30 I was ready to call it a night. She said fine clean the fish. I cleaned blues until 2 am.
I fished them with my boss in NC,,,,caught 220 in about an hour and a half,he loved them,not me,,,,great guy,Cherokee from Eastern NC,,,,dain good engine mech,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.