Holsters ????

no clever name

What holster do you guys use for hunting? I had one of the el cheapos for hunting but can't seem to find it now.

Need one for a Ruger SBH and S&W 629

Thanks

Patrick

Davexx1

I ride a 4 wheeler much of the time going to/from hunting areas and need a good secure holster to carry my scoped 14" Contender hand gun. I ordered one of the custom made leather holsters from:

http://www.pistolpackaging.com/

This is the holster and over the shoulder type belt that I have, less the cartridge carrier:

https://stores.myregisteredsite.com...PP&Product_Code=BanShouBelt01&Category_Code=B

I also have one of the nice nylon padded zippered cases from TC that I carry the gun to the tree stand with occasionally.

Dave1

rdykes

Check out Quiet Hide holsters, I just got my new one. Dave will custom make it for you. I will post some pics soon. It is quiethide.com.

rdykes

Quiet Hide holsters

Hey guys, Here are some pics with my 15" .280 Encore.

Attachments

• Encore with QuietHide Holster 002.jpg
    Encore with QuietHide Holster 002.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 834
  • Encore with QuietHide Holster 004.jpg
    Encore with QuietHide Holster 004.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 897

georgiaboy

I use a bandoleer for my scoped pistol from Uncle Mikes. I use a leather belt holster for my 4" 629 and .357s.

Reload

Holsters for handgun hunters

What holster do you guys use for hunting? I had one of the el cheapos for hunting but can't seem to find it now.

Need one for a Ruger SBH and S&W 629

Thanks

Patrick

Patrick, I have 2 holsters I use with my Ruger BH 7 1/2" w/open sites. One I just got today. It's an El Paso Saddlery - Doc Holiday model shoulder holster.

http://www.epsaddlery.com/pc-47-18-doc-holiday-holster.aspx

I love that design since it places your 6 shooter in a great position to draw, compared to conventional shoulder holsters. It also looks really nice since they do awesome leather work. But, they custom make them to your gun and size after you order so it took me 7 weeks to get it.

The other one is a Bianchi 4100 Ranger HuSH Shoulder Holster (nylon) that I also like. Again, it is not a traditional shoulder holster. It positions your wheel gun more across the lower abdomen instead of directly under the arm and it slants in a way that gives you much easier access to the pistol that the vertical shoulder holsters. It's almost what you would call a "tankers" design. They make this design for scoped and unscoped versions.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=525910&t=11082005

What I like about both of them is that they position the pistol in front of you instead of under your arm . So, they are great, especially the Doc Holiday, for tree stands or stalking.

Forkhorn

I use an el cheapo nylon belt unit from Uncle Mikes for the SW29, but the gun is usually in my hand when I'm in the field. I only holster it to climb in and out of a stand, or if I need both hands free for a minute for whatever reason. Does the job for my needs.

rdykes

The holster pictured runs $90, that is with the 2 round ammo holder ( under the forearm in the picture ). Give Dave a call at Quiethide if you are interested and check out his website for more pics and options. I will have him make one for my 8" Dan Wesson next. It is very comfortable to wear all day.

Robk

I carry mine in an Uncle Mikes setup to cross draw. keeps it close and comfortable while in the stand.

RSBH .44 MAG 7.5"bbl

R

nickE10mm

Actually, I carry my Dan Wesson Razorback in a plan ol' nylon Uncle Mike's 6" (large) revolver vertical shoulder holster when I'm hunting from my stand or still hunting. I use the same holster whether I'm using my Razorback, longslide or revolver. Someday I'll get something else but this is working for now.

EMC-GUN

After I loaded up some ammo for the SBH 44 I realized I had no way of carrying it. So in under an hour I cobbled this together. Ugly as homemade sin I know, but it carries the SBH quite well and it's all I got to tote it in. All rivets to save time. The pistol sits in my lap when in the stand, but to and from the truck this is where it rides.
102_1935.jpg
102_1936.jpg

Tomcatt57

Latest posts