home made mud motor plans!!!!!

r_hammett86

Thread starter #1
guys/gals. i found on ebay a better alternative than paying $2000 for a motor. if your a serious duck hunter, but like me feeling the crunch of the faulty economy, this is your answer to owning a mud motor. you buy the plans for 29.99 and build a motor for around 700. thats a motor and prop and all the materals. i just bought the plans and im about to start my own. they list out all the past #'s from www.Mcmastercarr.com and they have videos of their own motors. give em a try.

www.madmudmotors.etsy.com

im ganna build mine slowly but if you try it and finish before i do, let me know how well it works. good luck guys:cheers:

thats not hard at all i know a guy in gray that built one and has a honda enigine electric start and has a pull rope works great make sure you get good bearings tho

GSURugger

if anyone is gonna try this wants a prop (7X5 i think) and a small motor (roughly 10hrs on it) pm me

GSURugger

pm returned cruiser, it aint exactly as easy as just bolting it on ..haha

Golden BB

guys/gals. i found on ebay a better alternative than paying $2000 for a motor. if your a serious duck hunter, but like me feeling the crunch of the faulty economy, this is your answer to owning a mud motor. you buy the plans for 29.99 and build a motor for around 700. thats a motor and prop and all the materals. i just bought the plans and im about to start my own. they list out all the past #'s from www.Mcmastercarr.com and they have videos of their own motors. give em a try.

www.madmudmotors.etsy.com

im ganna build mine slowly but if you try it and finish before i do, let me know how well it works. good luck guys:cheers:

So to be a serious duck hunter, you have to have a mud motor ?

scoggins

Sence it is gonna be on the water and not in a high dust enviroment why not goto surplus-center and get a snowblower motor the don't have an air filter on them and they are cheap

Besides a briggs don't need no stinking filter it runs like crap from day one but runs like crap from now on