Homebrew conversion?

Arrow Flinger

Has anyone ever converted a 35mm trailcam to digital? I have an old Deercam was wondering what would be involved in converting it to digital? It has taken thousands of pics but I got tired of the expense of film and processing so it hasn't been used in a couple of years.

Thanks in advance.

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
Tempting isn't it?
unfortunately, it won't work.The board in that unit is not setup up to run a digital camera. A digital unlike a 35mm camera needs to be powered up, batteries charged, shutter, and powered back down again. Sorry.
you can go to Chasin' Game, real deal huntin' chat, Hag's house and do a search for more info.

gobble79

What are yall doing with ur old 35mm cameras & boxes? I have one that has a bad sensor and everything else works. Shoots great pics. I just got tired of having to develop film & did not send it in to get fixed and don't know how to do it myself . Camera and box has been sitting for a couple of years. It is a Lakota cam. Just orderd an I40. Can't wait to get it.

Killdee

What are yall doing with ur old 35mm cameras & boxes? I have one that has a bad sensor and everything else works. Shoots great pics. I just got tired of having to develop film & did not send it in to get fixed and don't know how to do it myself . Camera and box has been sitting for a couple of years. It is a Lakota cam. Just orderd an I40. Can't wait to get it.

I sold my only commercial 35mm camera before they got to obsolete but I still have 3-4 35mm homebrews I cant bear to part with.
One is built in a ammo can and another in a big grey electrical junction box.

Attachments

• PC270248 (Large).jpg
    PC270248 (Large).jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 137
Last edited: