Hooch near Franklin, Ga?

olcaptain

We fished the Hooch in Franklin Ga a couple of times last summer for Cats and Carp. I've heard they catch Hybrids and Crappie there as well. We are mostly "bottom bumpers" but we are flexible if something is happening elsewhere. We put in at a local park and went to the left under the bridge.We fished mostly up the river when we went. Any tips or advice?

Thanks!

Ol Capt

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Check out my post from last week and this week for the crappie. The whites are just starting to arrive up river. The hybrids have not arrived. The water needs to get around 60 and they will be going good. Since you said you like bottom fishing, chicken livers fished on a c-rig is a tried and true method. If you can catch shad it is the best way to go once they get to the shoals in Franklin. Fish them the same way as the livers. Sassy shad and rattle traps also account for tons of fish. The run is a little late getting started this year due to rain/cold. The run should last into mid-April depending on the weather. When the fish get upriver, look for them in current breaks (shoals, bars, creek mouths, river bends, etc.) I will post reports every week until the run ends to keep folks up-to-date. If you have any more questions ask away.

olcaptain

Thanks!

Thanks for your help. I'll keep an eye on the posts!

Horace