Hot sauce thread

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
I couldn't disagree more.

Perhaps you haven't been able to pull it off, but there are a pile of store bought sauces discussed in this thread that have made it happen with distinctly delicious flavors without overpowering heat.

Most people, I'd wager, aren't interested in some type of heat challenge.....they simply wish to enhance the flavors of the foods they are eating.

Most.
Spot on, especially with smoked peppers and ingredients

DannyW

Lol. Hot sauce is hot sauce. There's no such thing as flavored hot sauce. It's hot or it aint.... It's straight or it's gay.

I've tried making it with fruit like peaches, pineapple, etc. I've tried making it by fermentation and boiling. There's no difference! Anybody that says it needs flavor is putting the flavor in a different ingredient of the dish.

It's a waste of time and money to do anything else with your hot sauce other than making it hot.
If all you are looking for is heat, just purify some Carolina Reapers and add enough water to get to your heat tolerance maximum. I personally like flavor first, backed up by some heat.

Texas Pete does it for me, although I admit that I prefer a little more heat. Someone on here mentioned an "extra hot" Texas Pete sauce. I'm going to look for it and as long as it has the same flavor, it will become my new hot sauce.

I have some doubt though...it's been my experience that the hotter the sauce, the less unique flavor it has.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
If all you are looking for is heat, just purify some Carolina Reapers and add enough water to get to your heat tolerance maximum. I personally like flavor first, backed up by some heat.

Texas Pete does it for me, although I admit that I prefer a little more heat. Someone on here mentioned an "extra hot" Texas Pete sauce. I'm going to look for it and as long as it has the same flavor, it will become my new hot sauce.

I have some doubt though...it's been my experience that the hotter the sauce, the less unique flavor it has.
Thats usually why they add flavors at the end after fermentation....just saying

TJay

Piggly Wiggly in Donalsonville carries it. We order ours online by the case.
Unfortunately we don't have a Piggly Wiggly but every now and then Walmart has it. One summer I worked at a Piggly Wiggly Operators warehouse, which was a distribution center for the local Piggly Wiggly's. We ate like kings that summer. Any time a box was broken they couldn't put it on the truck. Lunch meat, bread, all kinds of cheese, chips, dips, ice cream pretty good gig for a summer job.

Stroker

Tabasco red and green, anything Famous Dave's for me, wife prefers Sriracha sauce

Boondocks

We been hooked on it for a month.A lady started making it after Hurricane Michael to give to her neighbors and they told her to sell it . It was that good. It is. I was hooked on Mateo out of Texas untill I tried it.I bought the last 3 jars they had on the shelf last week,lol!!

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
We been hooked on it for a month.A lady started making it after Hurricane Michael to give to her neighbors and they told her to sell it . It was that good. It is. I was hooked on Mateo out of Texas untill I tried it.I bought the last 3 jars they had on the shelf last week,lol!!
Just looked, they have a on line store now. Fix'n to order some. They sell 3 kinds also.. original (medium), mild (new), and mango (new).