Hot yoga!

NOYDB

BANNED
It's supposed to be a thing but the question comes to mind.

Is that just a way to cut costs for the con artist trying to maximise the take?

T-N-T

People pass out in hot yoga.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation

Attachments

• story-image-18132.jpg
    story-image-18132.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 440

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I guess I have been living out in the woods too long. I do not know anything about this strange phenomenon.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Can't imagine what that place smells like

T-N-T

I guess I have been living out in the woods too long. I do not know anything about this strange phenomenon.

It was bug business at least 4 years ago. That's when I learned about it. Could be an older fad...

Room is close to a hundert degrees.....

Lots of us just go work and get to sweat out the toxins.

oops1

Buzzard Expert
I can never un-see mark and homo3 workin out.. We need a disclaimer in the title please

GoldDot40

Have a niece that's just getting pretty big into hot yoga. She did in fact black out the other morning during her session. Said she was in a rush and didn't eat/drink anything beforehand. Dummy...

Artfuldodger

Went to Navy boot camp in Orlando in August. For intensive training(punishment) we had to exercise outside in our raincoats.
It wasn't yoga but it was hot.

Remember when people jogged in black trash bags? No cooling from sweating. I guess a little heat such as in a yoga class would be OK but not 100 degrees.

"Hot yoga is performed in a room heated to between 80 degrees and 105 degrees Fahrenheit and may be more physically rigorous than regular yoga, making practitioners susceptible to dehydration and muscle injuries."

I'd say 80 degrees might be OK. Might be good if you are training for the Peachtree Road Race.

NOYDB

BANNED
Way back when dinosaurs roamed the earth and I was in elementary school we had to take PE (Physical Education), outside during the daytime.

Who knew we were trendy. Getting hot and sweaty for free!

NOYDB

BANNED
Just came across this -

Shreena Gandhi, a religious studies professor at Michigan State, claims in an article she
recently co-authored that Americans who practice yoga are contributing to white supremacy
and promote the “yoga industrial complex.”

The "yoga industral complex"? Really?