How a marijuana lollipop caused a heart attack: MDs warn edibles a big risk to people with heart problems

drhunter1

I can see this happening. The Sativa strain of THC in concentrated form can cause a panic attack. If you have a pre existing heart condition a panic attack can cause cardiac arrest if too much is taken. Edibles are the culprit.

First bacon and now this? I ain't gonna have nothin' left.

So that would be the equivalent of say drinking a quart of jack Daniel's?

No wonder he OD'ed.

Body's mechanisms to stop the OD apparently can't keep up.

I'd think with that much dope on-board that he'd have been hueking long before he'd been able to ingest anymore.

The sucker/loli-pop may have been more like funneling a quart of JD in with 1 gulp.

Why would they ever make one sucker equal to 10+ doobies?

I can see this happening. The Sativa strain of THC in concentrated form can cause a panic attack. If you have a pre existing heart condition a panic attack can cause cardiac arrest if too much is taken. Edibles are the culprit.
I agree 100%.

Even if you inhale too much of top grade Sativa strain with a heart condition. One would not know until it is too late.

So that would be the equivalent of say drinking a quart of jack Daniel's?

No wonder he OD'ed.

Body's mechanisms to stop the OD apparently can't keep up.

I'd think with that much dope on-board that he'd have been hueking long before he'd been able to ingest anymore.

The sucker/loli-pop may have been more like funneling a quart of JD in with 1 gulp.

Why would they ever make one sucker equal to 10+ doobies?

Lack of a Pharmaceutical or Laboratory-like level of precise control of an administered dosage.

drhunter1

Yes by all means let's blame the Messenger and not the Drug OR the PROPAGANDA about how safe it is
What in the world are you talking about? You never make any sense.

This happens to very very few people. Compared to prescription opioids and barbiturates and even alcohol, it’s not even measurable yet you want take a single death and make an inaccurate and sweeping statement as if people are dropping like flies from marijuana overdoses.

Nothing you say can be taken seriously. You’re wrong and you always will be on this topic.

I had a heart attack and it had absolutely nothing to do with Marijuana use. Maybe, since you’re so concerned you could go on an anti hydrogenated oil crusade.

sounds like poison

Heart rate and blood pressure increases, oxygen demand goes up and the body produces a surge of hormones that can constrict coronary vessels.
anxiety, hallucinations, paranoia and panic.
damage to the muscle; there was less blood leaving his heart with each contraction
started experiencing terrifying hallucinations of “impending doom” and crushing chest pain

I'm gonna do some experiments today.
First I'll check my BP. Then I'll smoke a bowl and check it again.
Then I'll check my pulse. Then I'll smoke a bowl and check it again.
Then I'll check my cholesterol. Then I'll eat a weed lolipop and check it again.
Then I'll order Dominos and listen to some Pink Floyd while watching the TV with the sound turned down and the lights off.

I got some strong sativa once and thought I was legit dying lol

I'm gonna do some experiments today.
First I'll check my BP. Then I'll smoke a bowl and check it again.
Then I'll check my pulse. Then I'll smoke a bowl and check it again.
Then I'll check my cholesterol. Then I'll eat a weed lolipop and check it again.
Then I'll order Dominos and listen to some Pink Floyd while watching the TV with the sound turned down and the lights off.
You also need a strobe light.:rofl: