How a marijuana lollipop caused a heart attack: MDs warn edibles a big risk to people with heart problems

I'm gonna do some experiments today.
First I'll check my BP. Then I'll smoke a bowl and check it again.
Then I'll check my pulse. Then I'll smoke a bowl and check it again.
Then I'll check my cholesterol. Then I'll eat a weed lolipop and check it again.
Then I'll order Dominos and listen to some Pink Floyd while watching the TV with the sound turned down and the lights off.
what we doing after lunch?

Thread starter #32
Elf why would you ignore the articles that day weed is beneficial but you believe an article saying it's not?
I don't ignore any of it. I read it all. There are many in here that will argue marijuana has nothing but palliative effects and it can't hurt you at all. I posted this article to troll those people. So far I have been very effective don't you think? They can't stand the fact there are double blind, peer reviewed studies that show the negative effects of pot.

I'm a CPA. Data, facts and the bottom line are all that count with me. I've done enough research to satisfy myself marijuana has limited palliative effects and plenty of pitfalls.

ambush80

I don't ignore any of it. I read it all. There are many in here that will argue marijuana has nothing but palliative effects and it can't hurt you at all. I posted this article to troll those people. So far I have been very effective don't you think? They can't stand the fact there are double blind, peer reviewed studies that show the negative effects of pot.

I'm a CPA. Data, facts and the bottom line are all that count with me. I've done enough research to satisfy myself marijuana has limited palliative effects and plenty of pitfalls.
Whatcha think of this?

It's a plant that contains a very strong psychoactive chemical that in rare cases can cause death and may be linked to other health problems. It should be legal for adults to consume for recreation.
What do you think of it's use for recreation? Should it be illegal?

Thread starter #35
Whatcha think of this?

What do you think of it's use for recreation? Should it be illegal?
No, it shouldn't be illegal and you shouldn't be able to force me to pay for your healthcare when you use it for grins and get cocked up sidewise. Then we can all get along swimmingly.

No, it shouldn't be illegal and you shouldn't be able to force me to pay for your healthcare when you use it for grins and get cocked up sidewise. Then we can all get along swimmingly.
Same should also go with your brown likker sir. I have good healthcare. Im not forcing you to do anything :)

Thread starter #37
Same should also go with your brown likker sir. I have good healthcare. Im not forcing you to do anything :)
It does. I do not consume it to excess and I have excellent health insurance that I pay for myself. I can guarantee I will never be a burden on you. I'm 67 years old and still haven't applied for SS or Medicare. Prolly never will.

Happy now? ::ke::bounce:

ambush80

Does health insurance cover illnesses caused by or exacerbated by alcohol use?

Paleo

there are double blind, peer reviewed studies that show the negative effects of pot.

Link?

I believe there are negative effects of using marijuana (and some positive) but there isn't a whole lot of "science" either way. International treaty and national laws have blocked that sort of research for the past 80 years. I've seen a lot of lazy, unambitious stoners who seem dumber when they're high but none of those weed-crazed cannibals that liberal journalist warned you about.

Not arguing either way on the overall legalization. But the OP points out a SERIOUS problem in that there are zero rules or accepted standards on the dosages and labeling of pot products, even the legally sold ones.

Alcohol not much different, but at least can figure exactly how much pure alcohol is in the bottle from reading the label. And they do have accepted guidelines for what is a "safe" consumption vs. what will get you a DUI.

I would like to know if any true medical research has ever been done on the effect of SMALL THC doses for direct effects on human blood pressure averages. My hypothesis would be that it lowers blood pressure. Be interested to see a study like that.