How Dawson County Voted

Thread starter #1

PappyHoel

Between 85-87% Republican with 63% turnout, 300ish below the presidential election. I’m safe for now

Lowndes was nearly 58% Republican and if we didn't have the college, we would be higher. Safe, but not by enough to suit me.

Dekalb is shot out but y'all knew that a long time ago.

drhunter1

Yep, Bourdeaux came mighty close to sending Woody to the unemployment line.

If she spelled it Boudreaux, I might have voted for her her!
I'm sorry I don't vote for Connecticut Yankees transplanted to the south

It wouldn't matter. I'm getting out of here ASAP!

It was a fine place to grow up, but that was long ago.
#1 public school system in the nation during the 60's and early 70's. Jim Cherry was a Democrat but he knew how to run a first class public school system. I hated Manny Maloof with a passion but he was wise in many of the things he did that poised Dekalb to be great. Unfortunately Dekalb is living proof of what one party rule does to a community. We have lived in Dekalb 37 years but we are looking forward to getting out of it at our earliest convenience. Dekalb's only saving grace now is Emory and Egleston hospitals.

drhunter1

The company I work for is closing my plant, so I will likley need to find new digs myself.
What I'm afraid of is that these close elections will stunt any conservatism the Republican winners may have and cause them to pander to the left for more votes next go round.

The problem is that this never works but you can't get that through their thick sculls. Its the path of least resistance in their mind. Rather than take the time to prove that conservative principles really are what is best for each and every one of us regardless of race, creed, national origin etc., they would rather shift their positions to pander.

And when they do that, they still lose elections.

Thread starter #11

PappyHoel

What I'm afraid of is that these close elections will stunt any conservatism the Republican winners may have and cause them to pander to the left for more votes next go round.

The problem is that this never works but you can't get that through their thick sculls. Its the path of least resistance in their mind. Rather than take the time to prove that conservative principles really what is best for each and every one of us regardless of race, creed, national origin etc., they would rather shift their positions to pander.

And they do that, they still lose elections.
Tucker Carlson said they needed to pander on his show last night and he said he wouldn’t vote for another republican unless they start caring about the family. I turned him off after that. He sounded like Shepard Smith.

Robert28

Tucker Carlson said they needed to pander on his show last night and he said he wouldn’t vote for another republican unless they start caring about the family. I turned him off after that. He sounded like Shepard Smith.
Hederosexual families or families with 2 dads or two moms?

My favorite place to be in Glascock county voted 91% for Kemp. I need another good 6-8 years and I’ll be there until I die. My current county Barrow voted 73.6% for Kemp. Not to bad by either....