How do you keep your feet warm while your hunting in a stand?

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
cold feet?

I've hunted middle Al and SW Ga. for years without cold feet. During cold weather I wear something like New Balance walking shoes high ankle. The secret is, don't lace them too tight, circulation is the key to comfortable feet. Good wicking socks are a must too. I have taken a clean pair of wool socks to the stand, then put them on over my shoes, keeps the wind off and the chill out. What you do from there is up to you if you have to wade water. :type:

hntrchk29

I've Used Everyin But The Battery Powered Socks And My Feet Get Cold Along With My Nose And Fingers. At Least If I Get Real Cold I Can Pull My Hands In My Sleeves To Warm Them Up But I'm Not Coordinated Enough To Pull My Toes Into My Pants Leg Without Fallin Out Of The Stand Or Breakin Somethin. I Have The Booty Things That You Put On Over Your Reg Boots And They Work Decently. Jessie

H

HT2

Darryl......

That is the "$64,000 Question"....... :D :D

If anybody can answer this, with a "NO DOUBT ABOUT IT RELIABLE ANSWER"......

They can make a lot of money..... :D :D

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
I just wear my Northlakes with 1500 grams of thinsulate with a regular pair of socks and I haven't had any problems... ;)

NotaVegetarian

When it gets cold I pull out a pair of ArticShield boot covers. Then I can slip in a hand warmer in side the shield. Keeps them nice and toasty for hours.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Pure wool socks and lace boots up loosely. I`ve never had a problem when usin` this setup.

RGRJN

I ditto the Artic shields with one more step. I always carry a spare set of socks, and put on the spare dry socks before I get into the stand and put on the shields. You'll be suprised how damp the socks feel when you get done walking to your stand. Course my stands are 30-45 minutes into the mountains and I'm ussally in a full body sweat by the time I get there. In 20 degree weather.

Joe

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
warm feet

No matter what you wear you wont have warm feet unless you allow good circulation. Don't lace tight, and allow an extra size boot to put those thick socks in.