How far would you go

How far do you drive to your deer hunting club or lease?

• Total voters

Mark K

Banned
I can sit on my porch and shoot a durn turkey.

I can drive 10 minutes away and shoot an entire Georgia limit of deer in a mornings sit. But, I don’t. Some seasons I won’t shoot anything. Some I may have to buy an extra box of shells, lol. Deer are just something to pass the time until I can put traps in the ground or chase turkeys.
No, I have never killed what’s considered a trophy to many on here. I did have one this year I really wanted. He survived the season. Had another I should have shot, and next year I will. Was saving him for someone else. Both are 5 years old, not much for racks but a trophy in my eyes.
And come to think of it I have never killed a turkey in NC, but I will eventually and won’t mind the drive at all.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I can drive 10 minutes away and shoot an entire Georgia limit of deer in a mornings sit. But, I don’t. Some seasons I won’t shoot anything. Some I may have to buy an extra box of shells, lol. Deer are just something to pass the time until I can put traps in the ground or chase turkeys.
No, I have never killed what’s considered a trophy to many on here. I did have one this year I really wanted. He survived the season. Had another I should have shot, and next year I will. Was saving him for someone else. Both are 5 years old, not much for racks but a trophy in my eyes.
And come to think of it I have never killed a turkey in NC, but I will eventually and won’t mind the drive at all.
It's the opposite here-very, very low deer populations, but we're ate up with turkeys and bears. You have to work to kill a deer around here.

Mark K

Banned
We have turkeys too. No bears thankfully! I just like different terrains and species of turkeys so I’ll travel far and wide to kill them.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
My kids are grown and my lady loves the camping and hunting as much or more than I do. We'll spend the first 5 days of turkey season and most weekends of the season there

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I do have another lease less than an hour away but I've only hunted it 1 time in the last 2 seasons. Deer hunting doesn't seem to be as important to me as it was years ago

CrossCentered

I've spent hundreds, if not thousands, of nights in a tent and it never hurt me none. I've over 50 now, and still tent camp many times a year. I love it. I wouldn't have a big camper if you gave it to me-too much trouble to pull around and set up.
I was in a church group similar to Boy Scouts where we camped in tents, and sometimes had to make shelter. It was fun back then. Now sleep is a PREMIUM!!!! Night shift, plus over active night hearing(any noise wakes me), plus just generally not overall sleeping good if I am not comfortable= I need every ounce of sleep I can squeeze in.

MCBUCK

MCBUCK

I drive 30 min door ? to gate I hunt alone on a nice piece of property that's not real small. But I miss the campfire ? stories and fellowship. Maybe I'm crazy but I think I would like the right club atmosphere .
That's interesting.
I hunt out the back door usually, but I am actually considering a lease for the very reasons you mention. I haven't been on a good lease in a long time.