How has the forum helped you?

Hilsman

Captain Gut Hook !

specialk

for some reason i have a new found love for opossums....

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
I learned how much Nic likes guinea fowl.

If you want to get on his good side send him a dozen guinea's UPS.

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
some Guy named useless Billy surely gets used a lot.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
A sure way to make friends:

Go to the waterfowl forums, strike up a conversation and ask where to go hunt ducks.

Good people over there and always willing to help a newcomer.
That and the turkey fourm showed me most turkey hunters don't know how to set trot lines for turkey's!

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
City folk

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
That and the turkey fourm showed me most turkey hunters don't know how to set trot lines for turkey's!

I can`t believe folks nowadays that don`t know how to use green walnuts to catch fish.

What is this world coming too? The old ways will really be forgotten when I die....

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I learned about Flint River paint bream, that some people put sugar in cornbread,that one ladybug ruins a whole pot of greens if you don't look them close enough,that some people are skeered of wasps(waspers to NCH),that sigogglin is a synonym for catywampus,that Preacher Mlandrum is a proficient fisher and hunter,that Nicodemus likes single shot rifles,and that Crooked Creek is home to a fine gentleman. There are many other things too numerous to count.

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
I can`t believe folks nowadays that don`t know how to use green walnuts to catch fish.

What is this world coming too? The old ways will really be forgotten when I die....

They just might get re learnt

Patriot44

Banned
Found a hunting club that eventually led to 7 bucks on the wall-

Found another interim club here that led to great times-

Found a 10,000 year old arrowhead after meeting a member here for some arrowhead hunting tips and tricks excursions-

Found another friend here that showed me how to troll for trout on the Hooch-

Found peace, advice and great judgment from a few senior members here-

Found a great hunting club here, again-

Found myself at a Ted Cruz and Herman Cain campaign rally-

Found some really cool places to eat here-

Found even better cooking recipe's here-

Knife making-

Beer drankin'-

Won a jam up tomahawk from a member's contest-

Won a silver dollar in another member's contest-

Have sent boiled peanuts to northern members-

Met and was allowed to be in the studio with O'Neil Williams here-

Received travel baseball coaching advice here-

Lunch many times with cussing and politics-

Learned about cyber security from someone 'been there, done that'-

Learned about sun spots and weather-

Have camped with members from here and their families-

I could go on and on and on and on- but most importantly, this forum has been my hangout during times when I needed a vacation from life and everything that comes with it. I have surfed GON from more than 20 countries, 41 states and probably more than a 1000 hotels.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Wisdom, humor, recipes, vehicle help lots of atta boys when I’ve posted pics of projects and game that I or my boys have taken. Some folks on here are ornery and others not so much, just like in every other walk of life. Good people to communicate with on all matter of things.
And useless Billy is quite the character.

oops1

Buzzard Expert
Met some great folk..got some great help when I’ve hit snags on different projects..bought a great lawnmower from a fellow member. Learned some fishing spots and advice and like someone else mentioned.. it’s kept me off of FB.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
there are a few good people left in this world

And most of them are here.

The list is too long to go into at this point. I can summarize it by saying I have met a lot of good people and learned a lot of good stuff but that summary doesn't do it justice. When you say you learned how to make a buttermilk pie the right way from Mrs. H22 two to or you picked up some turkey calling tips from Herb McClure or you met a bunch of fine DGD's in the Sports forum it doesn't sound like much but it is. At least it is to me.