How I hide my 1911 in my Tacoma.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
I had a pistol stolen out of my center console when I could not CC at the time. So this is what I did to solve this.
First I removed all my junk from the compartment then took out the bottom floor. I bought some filter foam at Walmart and traced the floor and my 1911 with a Sharpie. The foam comes in two layers so I cut ( using an X-acto knife ) both layers to fit into the compartment and just the top layer for the 1911 to fit into. The bottom layer cushioned the 1911 and the top layer holds the 1911 in position. Then the original bottom floor sets on top of the 1911 and completely hides it. To get it out I just push down on the far side of the floor plate and it flips up so I can remove my pistol.

Here are pictures in order of what I did. The last picture shows what it looks like with the pistol hidden under the original bottom which is on top now.

Attachments

• console 1.JPG
    console 1.JPG
    270.9 KB · Views: 84
  • console 2.JPG
    console 2.JPG
    246.3 KB · Views: 88
  • console 3.JPG
    console 3.JPG
    203.4 KB · Views: 90
  • console 4.JPG
    console 4.JPG
    209.2 KB · Views: 92
  • console 5.JPG
    console 5.JPG
    345.6 KB · Views: 89

Jester896

Senior Clown
have you timed how long it takes to dig it out when you need it?...just so you have some idea how long it takes to draw from that.

lonewolf247

Nice work! I would practice to see how long it takes to get it out. I used to carry my pistol in my truck years back. Once my son was born, and I carried kids around, I decided the risk of my own family getting hurt with my gun, was probably bigger than the risk of an encounter with a criminal, so I quit carrying it.

That was back then. Fast forward today, kids are grown, and the world we live in is much more unstable! Gets me to thinking maybe it's time to explore the subject again.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Jester896, I only put it in there when I can not CC it like going into the court house. When I come back to my truck and then get back to CC. It only takes me a few seconds to retrieve it.

This is how I carry it. First pic is in reverse in the mirror. I made the holster with parts. The 1911 is an American Classic II made in the Philippines by Metro Arms. I got it from Buds Guns. It comes with just about all the extras you have to send others away to add extras and have accurised. The target is right out of the box. Not bad for less than $500.00. The only thing I changed were the grips.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/49736/metroarms+ac45g2+1911+american+classic+ii+8+1+45acp+5"

Attachments

• iwb 1 .JPG
    iwb 1 .JPG
    202.6 KB · Views: 71
  • iwb 3 .JPG
    iwb 3 .JPG
    243.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 25 yd. target .jpg
    25 yd. target .jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 49
  • MY ACII 1 .JPG
    MY ACII 1 .JPG
    273.7 KB · Views: 45
  • ranier 200 grain HP .png
    ranier 200 grain HP .png
    338.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

FOLES55

I just hide mine in my kids car seat since it will be parked for the next 8 days while we’re on a cruise. Hopefully if they do break in they don’t take the car seat!

Big7

The Oracle
Neat Trick. I just have bought 2 LCP IN .380. Plain black for backup and hot weather clothes for me.

The second one is for the Hen. .380 but it's the Anniversary Edition and has the Stainless Slide.
Glad I got her interested. Been telling her for years I'd buy her something decent if she'd practice and get her to go get her carry license.

That's a good idea though. Might have to try that.?
I have the razor knife. Just need to get some foam.?

Dr. Strangelove

Great job!

Do keep in mind that some states have "concealed compartment" laws and that this loosely fits the definition.

(Not a lawyer, not trying to start a debate about it, just saying be "woke" ? when traveling"

Hillbilly stalker

That's creative, I like it. A mistake a lot of folks make when carrying a pocket pistol is they leave it in their pocket when sitting down and seatbelted in. Guaranteed if a thug reaches thru the window or snatches the door open...you can't get to it on time. Better have a plan.

sbroadwell

I've been thinking about getting one of those inexpensive ones, like the club. But, decided to wait until I get more hotel points to trade in for BPS or Cabelas points, and get one of the ones that use fingerprint technology. That way, I could just bring it inside with me, and not have to worry about the grandson getting ahold of it.

Staying in hotels 2-3 nights a week has some benefits - I just got a 1911 with them.

kinross

If i had to leave a pistol inside a vehicle i would pop the hood and try to put it in the air filter box. They will look in every nook and cranny inside

Dub

They are not too smart and in a hurry. I've only had one broken into about 20 yrs ago. Old S10. Popped the sliding rear window that I had to replace and left a 357 inside behind the seat.

One of the things I strongly dislike about the sliding rear window of my truck.

Think I'm gonna cut a dowel rod or something to fit down in the grove to prevent it from opening.

ldavid008

The club personal vault.
Under $20 (about the same price as a good box of self defense ammo)
https://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Club...MIgKea2fHA4AIVA47ICh3w-wi6EAQYASABEgK4dfD_BwE

Similar to what I use, just run the cable through some seat framing and slide the box under the seat. Unless they bring some really good wire cutters or bolt cutters they'll have to leave it even if they find it in their rush to be quick.

Getting to it quick is not an issue as it only goes in there when I have to leave it in the truck. As soon as I get back to the truck it comes back out.

Academy had them for $10 a couple of weeks ago, most places they're $20.

GreenPig

That's creative, I like it. A mistake a lot of folks make when carrying a pocket pistol is they leave it in their pocket when sitting down and seatbelted in. Guaranteed if a thug reaches thru the window or snatches the door open...you can't get to it on time. Better have a plan.
Agee totally. I carry a S&W shield Iwb at 4 o'clock and a my LCP 2 in my left rear pocket(in a pocket holster). When I get into truck the LCP 2 sits in my cup holder. With a seatbelt on I'd be to slow getting my Shield out for business.