How I Spent my Friday by NCHillbilly (warning: lots of sneks!)

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
That's about as perfect a day as a fella could ask for. Well done, buddy!

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
What a great read sir! Between your words and the pictures you just took all of us to the mountains with you!
I agree... A man has to have his alone time! Wether it be Mountains, flat land woods, or swamps we all have our places we go to find peace and quiet. I have a white oak ridge in south Ga that holds my heart and soul. I can spend hours there just listening to mother nature.
Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
People in the city hire therapists and psychiatrists and spend money on spas and resorts. I suspect all they really need is just a little back-in-the-mountains-alone time. It works wonders.

And 99% of them would be dead or injured in 24 hours.

Your 1 thread has the whole board envious, especially me.

Cook&Bro

Awesome post, thanks for taking the time to share your day with us.

The mtn man

I've been wanting to get out, but it rains on the only few days I can escape from work.

ripplerider

I saw two grouse on Swallows Creek yesterday then heard a couple drumming at a different spot. I believe they are on an upswing the last couple of years too. Havent seen a rattlesnake all year, I saw a copperhead ran over in the Nantahala Gorge yesterday though. Great photography.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Awesome story and pics, as usual. Some of those pics have that fires creek feel about them. I hope your momma bounces back also.

fishndoc

Great post - therapeutic for all of us.

Your snake encounters remind me of a sign I saw last month while fishing a nice little trout stream inside a city park in Colorado front range:

Attachments

• 3474DA17-1614-4FA0-96C9-39BA12AC85D8.jpg
    3474DA17-1614-4FA0-96C9-39BA12AC85D8.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 59

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
That's the kind of stuff that I would pay money to read. Excellent in every regard, thank you for carrying me along Hillbilly.