How many Years have you been Deer hunting

About 30-32 started in the mid 80's. Forget exact year.

A friend, manager at my first job in fast food, had some friends going deer hunting.

No clue what I was doing. Walked into the woods, sat against a stump, with parts of the tree on either side as cover.

A 6pt walked over, close enough to ask for a cigarette. Under 10 feet. Shaking like leaf in a hurricane, I ripped off 2 shots and missed. But, I was hooked.

In the mid 90's, the friend and I went again, and i was there when he shot his first deer.

We lost contact a little after that, and I just found out recently he died back in '14.

Thanks Mark! Peace be with ya brother.

Nicodemus

FREELANCE ADMINISTRATOR
I`ve been deer hunting for 51 years. That`s how long we`ve had a deer season in my part of Georgia. Killed my first deer in 1967, and my first kill ever was a wild turkey in 1959. I`ve been hunting anything that was in season since I was strong enough to keep both ends of a long gun off the ground at the same time.

It`s a tradition that I`ve never missed hunting on opening day.

Forty years this coming thanksgiving day, killed a seven point at 1:10 pm I was ten years old sitting in a tree stand my father built and put me in. Been addicted ever since

FOLES55

23 years and looking for many more. However I'm finding that the harvest of the quarry I'm after is no longer becoming my main focus and I'm enjoying God's creation on a lot different level than I did when I started this journey.

I was used as a driver by my uncles when I was 14....went with a gun by myself when 16 in 1955....killed my first in 1959....so, on and off , roughly 65 yrs.........scary

Been going with my Dad for over 25 years. Believe this will be my 23rd season toting a rifle

jimmy.444

Killed my first deer in 1978 with the .444 that I still have, in Braxton Ms.
I'm 55 now. Missed some years because of military service, but I've been at it steady since 91'

Well over 40 yrs. Dad wasnt a deer hunter but he loved to chase small game. I learned a lot of valuable lessons squirrel hunting. I started seriously hunting deer when I was 20 or so.

Somewhere around 30 yrs. Nobody in my family was very much of a hunter and really can't remember what got me interested in deer hunting. Took me around 5 to 6 yrs to kill my first deer which turned out to be 2 doe's at horse creek wma

This will be my 2nd season. I'm 33 and my dad didn't hunt. I learned a lot last year hunting the Corp land. Hoping to get my first deer this fall.

Buckstop

Got a late start as Dad was a fisherman but never hunted. Uncle in VA took me when I was 21 and I was hooked. That was 33 years ago. Time flies.