how much corn and stack or spread?

Gl4di4torRr

Hi all,

I have a hunting spot this is year that has hardwoods that is in between thick pines on either side. I am looking to start spreading out some corn after turkey season. How many pounds of corn should I start with? How often should I put corn out? Should I keep the corn focused in like say a 10x10 area or really try and spread it out with like a fertilizer spreader?

Thanks!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I would definitely scatter it out , but I would wait til a few weeks before season, maybe put up a feeder if I wanted to feed them all year

Josh B

Probably just to save money. I'll probably start my corn about a month before season. I put protein blocks during the summer.

Ihunt

If you have a lot of coons you’ll want to wait. Those rascals will camp out at a feeder

Swamprat

Swamprat
To much other better deer vittles during the summer.....deer will visit our one feeder we have going on all year but do not hang out for long.

First frost or two and they are all on it along with our other feeders we get running early October.

Spread or scattered corn is way better than a pile....deer and turkeys are grazers. Move/eat.....move/eat.

spencer12

Just my experience, but pouring corn out during June, July, August, and even into September is fine and they will come to it. However, they will not really hammer it until later into the year when the green and acorns start to drop. As I said however they will eat it all year long though so you will be fine.

As previously mentioned, it is 100x better to scatter it as far as you can. They feel much more comfortable walking around browsing than they do standing at a big pile of corn.

Latest posts