How much y'all paying for ground beef?

JHannah92

The local grocery store here in Waverly Hall had 73/27 ground beef for 5.99/lb. 80/20 and 85/15 were both 8.99/lb. For another buck a pound I could buy ny strip. What are prices like in your neck of the woods?

hawkeye123

Man those prices are getting ridiculous. Thank God I've still got 20 lbs of venison burger in freezer. Wife went to Kroger in Griffin for ribeyes tonight, they didn't have any & paid 7.99 a lb for sirloin. These prices keep up gonna have to talk the fil into slaughtering a heifer! Last price I saw was 4.99 a lb for 80/20

Lilly001

At Costco in Bradenton (south of Tampa) ground chuck and b/s less chicken thighs were 4.59 lb.
Ribeye was 14.99 lb.
Guess what I bought?
I bought thick cut pork chops (boneless) for 3.99 lb.

FootLongDawg

Pop pop is right. Packing places ate up with Coronavirus. Watched Gov. of Texas last night talking about going to their phase 2 reopening, but specifically mentioned the exception of Lubbock due to its high rates of virus and closure of its meat packing facility. Restaurants going to get the double whammy this year. Finally get to reopen at reduced capacity, then face a meat shortage.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Kroger's weekly add has half of a whole ribeye for $7.99/lb. Last time we got it they sliced it to spec for free. They have baby backs at $2.49/lb.

The lucky guys on the Texas forum have their Kroger with $1.67/lb choice brisket and T-bones at $4.47/lb.

I got a family pack of wings at Bell's for $2.19 and boneless breast at $1.99 Sunday.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Screenshot_20200521-112819_Gallery.jpg
Didn't buy it.

Bought some at Savalot for $5.79 per lb, which is still ridiculous.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
I just got some 80-20 ground chuck from Publix here in Lee County for $3.99 a pound.