How the rattlesnake got his name

Gaswamp

I got to share a deer hunt some years back with J.Guthrie while he was working for GON. He was really a hoot to be around and even then you could tell he was going places in the Outdoor World. I believe the NWTF did a tribute to him this last convention.

Wayne D Davis

:rofl:
I got to share a deer hunt some years back with J.Guthrie while he was working for GON. He was really a hoot to be around and even then you could tell he was going places in the Outdoor World. I believe the NWTF did a tribute to him this last convention.

:rofl: Very Cool

sman

Cool story. Bet he would've been fun to share camp with.

ryanwhit

Federal/Hazel Creek donated a Gould's turkey mount shot by a writer friend of Guthrie's on a hunt that he was supposed to be on. The mount was donated to NWTF Saturday evening at the convention. It was a nice tribute, and his name came up in conversation more that a few times over the weekend.

Guthrie was one of a kind, that's for sure!

Gaswamp

Cool story. Bet he would've been fun to share camp with.

He was. Wish I had been able to keep up with him. But I do have fond memories of the one weekend spent at deer camp

I sure do miss Ol' Guthrie. That hunt described was at our favorite turkey camp: Osceola Outdoors in Lakeport, FL. Guthrie's last hunt was down there two weeks before he died.

mossyoakpro

That was the first time I had the pleasure of hunting and hanging out with Guthrie....I kept up with him while he was with the NRA, I would swing by his office and shoot the breeze with him and even slipped out for an adult beverage more than a few times.

He was one of a kind....heaven is a better place with him in it.