How To Post (Embed) A Video

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I often see posts asking how to post videos here. In this guide, I'll use Youtube and Vimeo as an example, but this works with any other video hosting site that will allow you to copy the embed code.

Remember, you cannot directly upload videos to this site, or post links to them. You have to embed them by getting the embed code from the site that the video is hosted on. If you have videos on your phone you would like to post here, you must first upload it to a video hosting site. Once uploaded there, get the embed code to post here.

How To Embed Youtube Videos From A Desktop

Once you have found the video on Youtube you're interested in sharing to this site, do the following.

1. Below the video you want to share, click the SHARE button.

attachment.php

2. Once clicked, another box will pop up. Now click the EMBED button.

attachment.php

3. After clicking the EMBED button, another box will appear for you to COPY the EMBED code.

attachment.php

Of course, when it appears, you will now want to click the COPY button to copy the code for pasting (EMBEDDING) it here on this site. Once copied, the EMBED code will be highlighted in blue.

attachment.php

You may also change a few options here. Just be sure to copy the EMBED code AFTER you have made any changes.

-----------------------------------------------

How To Embed Vimeo Videos From A Desktop

1. On the video you would like to share from Vimeo, click the SHARE button located at the top right corner of the video. Bottom button that looks like a paper airplane.

attachment.php

2. Once clicked, another box will pop up allowing you to copy the EMBED code.

attachment.php

Now click anywhere in the box containing the EMBED code. After doing so, the EMBED code will now be highlighted in blue.

attachment.php

Now right-click on this blue code with your mouse and select Copy from the options that appear in the mouse menu. Once copied, come back here and paste that code into your post.

Also, once the EMBED code box appears, you may also click + Show more options to customize how you would like the video to appear.

attachment.php

Once you click that button, you'll have a few extra options to customize how you would like the video to display in your post.

attachment.php

-----------------------------------------------

How To Embed Youtube Videos From A Mobile Device

Some video sites, such as Youtube or Vimeo, will have a dedicated app for you to use, but since we need to copy the embed code of a video, we MUST visit the video site with a web browser. In this part of the guide, I am going to be using my iPad Pro and the Safari web browser to access Youtube. These steps should work with any Android or iOS device. I think! :bounce:

1. Wile visiting Youtube with your web browser, click those 3 dots at top right to switch to the desktop version of Youtube. This is how we'll grab the embed code for posting here.

Youtube Mobile to Desktop Version (1).png

2. Once the small box appears, select Desktop from the list.

Youtube Mobile to Desktop Version (2).png

You'll know you have switched to the desktop version when you get the message at top telling you.

Youtube Mobile to Desktop Version (3).png

Now, once you are on the desktop version, simply repeat the instructions in the How To Embed Youtube Videos From A Desktop section at top of page.

Hope this helps all of you who are having a hard time understanding how to do this.

Good luck!

Last edited: