How to read Grizzly dates. (dip not bear)

scandmx5

Banned
I just got back from the store for a dip run and put a dip in. Immediately I was urinated off because it's dry. I despise, nay, HATE dry dip. If I wanted to dip a cigarette, I would do so. So then I started doing some internet searching and have found what many have longed to know, and that is how to read the dates for Grizzly. If you dip Grizzly you know they don't use a "Fresh until xx/xx/xxxx" or "Made on xx/xx/xxxx" date system on the can. No, they have to use a ridiculous code that looks like computer script. For instance mine is: 12L2GH2.

The key is the last 2 figures in the code equal the date of manufacture.

The letter represents a month:
A=January
B=February
C=March
D=April
E=May
F=June
G=July
H=August
J=September (they skip "I" because it looks like a 1)
K=October
L=November
M=December

The number represents the year
0=2010
1=2011
2=2012
3=2013

and so on. I hope this revelation helped you like it did for me.

:cheers::cheers:

Tomahawk1088

Interesting. I read an article about how that was done with beer. Also, people say the number on the bottom of the Grizz can is the quality of the dip with 0 the best and higher numbers worse.

scandmx5

Banned
Interesting. I read an article about how that was done with beer. Also, people say the number on the bottom of the Grizz can is the quality of the dip with 0 the best and higher numbers worse.

Hmmm...interesting. I'm just glad someone read this, so all of my typing didn't fall on deaf ears...or in our case, not seen by blind eyes. :D

Studawg170

Thanks....Had two cans in my pocket one August and the other May

And I purchased both of them today

bpryor

i've never believed that personally. its grizzly, so its never gonna be high quality, but if it were, why would they put that on the can? and i had cans that tasted the same, had the same effect, but the numbers were opposite. thats just my opinion though lol

scandmx5

Banned
Thanks....Had two cans in my pocket one August and the other May

And I purchased both of them today

Good deal, well dry dip but now you know....this should be a sticky hahah :rofl:

dipperdandy

grizzly dates (dry grizzly)

Of course all would like Grizzly to be moist all the time. However that is not always the case. I solved it by following what my Grandfather did. He was a tobacco farmer most of his life. He used tobacco in every form. He rolled his own whether cigarettes, cigars, pipe, chew or dip.
As a young man I remember there was always a few twists hanging near the fireplace. To keep his pouch tobacco moist he would trim a small piece of apple and insert it in with the tobacco. I don't care that much for apples so a very small splash of diet Pepsi or coffee keeps mine moist to the end of the can.

nickel back

Of course all would like Grizzly to be moist all the time. However that is not always the case. I solved it by following what my Grandfather did. He was a tobacco farmer most of his life. He used tobacco in every form. He rolled his own whether cigarettes, cigars, pipe, chew or dip.
As a young man I remember there was always a few twists hanging near the fireplace. To keep his pouch tobacco moist he would trim a small piece of apple and insert it in with the tobacco. I don't care that much for apples so a very small splash of diet Pepsi or coffee keeps mine moist to the end of the can.

he dug this one up for his 1st postfacepalm:

Wycliff

guest-blogging.jpg

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Hey ole buddy!

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Good tip