How To Stop Crows From My Feeding Sites?

• Thread starter NantucketShedHunter
  • Start date
N

NantucketShedHunter

Is there any way to discourage crows from my feeding locations? This is a small flock that is at one of my sites now. Most days there are upwards of 30 or more. How do you guys deal with them cleaning you out?

Bluemoose

Crows

Call them in and shoot a couple of them then hang them up and usually the rest will stay away. I have done this in the past when I found crows going into my chicken pen stealing eggs and young chicks.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Crows are gonna be crows. If you shoot em, just don`t get caught.

N

NantucketShedHunter

Call them in and shoot a couple of them then hang them up and usually the rest will stay away. I have done this in the past when I found crows going into my chicken pen stealing eggs and young chicks.

Thanks for that but I don't hunt. I do have a crow decoy I found while shed hunting last winter. Would that work or would that just attract them?

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Fake owl or hawk on a 2x4 about 10' high. Off to the side. Maybe it will work.

Davexx1

Crows hate owls and hawks and will swarm/attack them most times when seen. Doing the decoy thing would seem to bring them in, not scare them off. A digital electronic predator caller playing a loud crow/hawk fight will produce amazing results for a shotgun hunt (if legal).

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
You put up a hawk or owl decoy and your problems will be magnified a lot. As soon as one crow sees it it will send out a free for all hail call and every crow within hearing will come in to join the fight.

Bluemoose

Crows

As long as there is food you won't scare the deer off. Get someone to shoot a couple crows and hang them upside down from a tree limb and the others will stay away.

bullgator

Spread the corn out more so it's not as visible to a passing crow.

N

NantucketShedHunter

I'm going to have to abandon this area. Way too many crows all day long.

B

BornNRaised

I was under the impression that if any wildlife was a nuisance on your land you can shoot???

I would consider them causing damage/loss to you...

Example- deer /hogs tearing up garden

swampstalker24

I was under the impression that if any wildlife was a nuisance on your land you can shoot???

There is a big difference between deer/hogs damaging crops and crows eating a pile of corn place to feed the "wildlife".

I say if your ganna put corn out for the deer, you should expect other wildlife to eat it to. Don't wanna feed the crows? Don't put food out for the deer. :huh: :crazy:

Throwback

Chief Big Taw

Crows eating your bait pile probably doesn't qualify