Hulu

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Keep in mind, with a service like Hulu, you can cancel anytime. Pick it up for college football season and then drop it when it's over. You don't get locked into a contract like you used to with cable or satellite.

tad1

I subscribe to Hulu a couple of months ago and have absolutely enjoyed it for watching the dawgs! Like 45 bucks per month. A good bit of sport content is available

ol bob

Rec. notice yesterday Hulu is going up $10. next Mo. that's the reason I changed to them was tired of my old service going up every few Mo. so I'm looking got to be something that you can get by with and not cost a arm and leg.

greg_n_clayton

Rec. notice yesterday Hulu is going up $10. next Mo. that's the reason I changed to them was tired of my old service going up every few Mo. so I'm looking got to be something that you can get by with and not cost a arm and leg.
I got the same e-mail.

tad1

Got the email Friday as well . Hulu from 45 to 55 per month. I’ll drop it pretty soon when I’m done watching college FB, but it has been nice this season. Just can’t justify Netflix/amazon prime/Hulu. Just cannot consume that much media...

Shane Dockery

got the same email. will be switching to youtube tv for a bit. they at least have more local channels, and amc (walking dead fan here). It's $5 cheaper and I'll get more channels.

660griz

I have youtube tv and I love it. Canceled Dish. I get all the sports, local channels, and some movie channels. I like the unlimited DVR storage but, if I had unlimited data internet, I would probably go with Hulu. More content.

Last edited:

HuntingFool

I tried Hulu live a while back but it had no guide. I could search for shows but sometimes I don't know what I want to watch and just want to flip through the guide like on Directv. Do they have a guide now? I would love to kick Directv out since it cost me $150 a month. I do want to make sure I get my sports, especially Dawgs football and outdoor shows.

Oldstick

One tip, I have several wired ethernet wall jacks running back up to the main internet modem. I found that some of the streaming devices have an ethernet port as well as wireless capability. Have a Roku "Ultra" and it runs and responds much faster direct wired vs the older one we had with wireless only.

paulito

depends on what you are running hulu on as far as the guide. We run it on an xbox and you can click down and bring up a guide and still hear teh show you are watching. On our amazon fire stick, you can click to a guide but it exits out of your show so not as ideal. I like on hulu how you can set up "your" channels that you commonly watch the most. That way you don't have to surf thru everything when you know you are not going to watch say CNN, MSNBC or other 24 hour news channels in my case.