Hunters for the Hungry

hntrchk29

I Helped work the Social Circle site for hunters for the hungry this past weekend. we had a pretty low turnout. i guess because of the heat and the full moon. but it gave me time to pull jaw bones and learn a little about how to age them. we got 34 deer in the truck before i left at 2:00 on sunday to head back to school. i'm not sure if they got many more that evening. did anybody donate to any of the other drop off sites??? jessie

letsgohuntin

I think a lot of hunters did take last weekend off. I would also imagine that this early in the season most people are keeping the deer for their freezer. After most hunters get some meat, Im sure the donations will go up. :clap: :clap:

Perry Hayes

There was a trailer right by my house,But it is too early to donate.They need to set up at least ever other weekend instead of twice per season.They would get alot more deer I am sure.

GAGE

GONetwork Member
I dropped one off in Lexington on Sunday evening and it was only #18 and they were closed! The weather and moon had a lot to do with it I think!

Gage

garider01

Dropped a Doe off in Lexington Last Saturday Evening 7.45
pm thought they were closed, Area where trailer was parked in was not lit. we barely saw orange banner.Ranger that was working site said it was a very slow day. They were giving away blaze orange hunters vest for each deer donated :clap:

UWGduck

I dropped off three does in Carrollton for a program simailar to hunters for the hungrey. Called sportsman outreach i think at Norths Deer processing