Hunting after deer season questions

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Happy new year y'all.
So we've left corn spreader up and runnin all season this time. And the hogs are really coming in to eat all the time. According to trail cam.
If we wanted to hunt a hog this winter, do we just go with a regular rifle any time we want? Is the legal square inches of hunters orange mandatory?
I've read regs and it SEEMS clear to me that we can just simply go hunt these hogs?
But it does seem awkward just goin hunting after deer season is closed. Idk why, it just seems weird. But I'd love to try and go kill one at the corn spreader.
Thanks for info!

hunt14u

Just go! Ill admit it is akward but it dang sure is nice to still "hunt" even tho its different quarry... We picked up a piece on the ocmulgee n its loaded with hogs. Took the night vision out last wknd n started picking em off. Killed a good boar about 815p.m.

Bucaramus

Happy new year y'all.
So we've left corn spreader up and runnin all season this time. And the hogs are really coming in to eat all the time. According to trail cam.
If we wanted to hunt a hog this winter, do we just go with a regular rifle any time we want? Is the legal square inches of hunters orange mandatory?
I've read regs and it SEEMS clear to me that we can just simply go hunt these hogs?
But it does seem awkward just goin hunting after deer season is closed. Idk why, it just seems weird. But I'd love to try and go kill one at the corn spreader.
Thanks for info!

Kill em all!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Yes sir , no orange, any weapon, any time , if they are coming in at night like most of mine do after being shot a few times around a feeder get u one of those feeder lights that are motion detected, they work great , I may go to my lease this weekend and celebrate MLK day !

Big7

The Oracle
Yes sir , no orange, any weapon, any time , if they are coming in at night like most of mine do after being shot a few times around a feeder get u one of those feeder lights that are motion detected, they work great , I may go to my lease this weekend and celebrate MLK day !

Not any weapon any time.

If it's deer season you have to use
"deer caliber" weapons.

If it's turkey season you have to use
a shotgun with "turkey legal" shot
size.

I think there are some ins and outs
for black powder and bow.
I don't use either so I can't speak
to that. Check the regs. Wrong
weapon during deer or turkey
season can get you in some bad
trouble.

K80

Not any weapon any time.

"deer caliber" weapons.

size.

trouble.
Not on private land.

jbogg

Not any weapon any time.

"deer caliber" weapons.

size.

trouble.

I believe these are the regs for Public land, national forest as well as WMA’s. On private you can hunt hogs year round, day or night, with whatever Weapon you choose.

Big7

The Oracle
So, you guys are telling me you can carry
a center fire caliber during turkey season?

Im not at all sure that is the case.
You can look on e-regs just as good
as I can.

Please do and post a link to your findings.

Thanks !

jbogg

No closed season means open year round. So if you are out there looking for hogs with a centerfire during turkey season on private land you are fine. If you shoot a turkey with your centerfire you are Breaking the law. Now, don’t ask me to explain why my CVA wolf 50 caliber muzzleloader with scope is legal for turkey.
BBA8D56C-7A6C-4217-BBF3-CB30A5B6BC37.jpeg

splatek

UAEC
I think the only difference for public lands is that you have to use weaponry that matches the in-season legal quarry.
Deer weapons during the appropriate deer season.
Turkey weapons ....
Small game ...
That's for WMAs and NF lands, the way I read it.

ryanh487

So, you guys are telling me you can carry
a center fire caliber during turkey season?

Im not at all sure that is the case.
You can look on e-regs just as good
as I can.

Please do and post a link to your findings.

Thanks !

On PRIVATE land, while HOG hunting, yes, you can.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Not any weapon any time.

"deer caliber" weapons.

size.

trouble.
Private property u can blast away anytime with anything, I know I have been for years anyway ! Never even had a desire to shoot a turkey with a rifle anyway.... well their have been a couple over the years that about drove me crazy and caused a divorce that I would of shot with a rifle if it was legal

Mark K

Banned
Private property u can blast away anytime with anything, I know I have been for years anyway ! Never even had a desire to shoot a turkey with a rifle anyway.... well their have been a couple over the years that about drove me crazy and caused a divorce that I would of shot with a rifle if it was legal

There have been some I would have shot out of the tree had I been close enough, lol!!!! No matter where I sat he’d fly the opposite direction!!

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
NICE!!! WE'LL BE HOG HUNTIN THIS WINTER.

baddave

yes sir . hunting continues . i just bought a new ladder stand for this I 'm souring corn beside the wood burning stove as we write . bait is out and cams are a watching. hunting season is l-o-o-o-ng when you have hogs . this is the 1st year i've had them and if i don't get 1 or 2 it won't be from lack of effort - good luck erybody:)

Latest posts