Hunting after deer season questions

Mark K

Banned
Learned that year not to sit on “one” gobbler...now they either want to die or I move on to find a willing participant!

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Dude I had a bird in Clarksville one spring on a cattle farm I can hunt. I hit that property once a week or 2. The way it's layed out, I can't cross it without bein busted by these struttin field birds after daylight. And every mornin I'd go, no matter what side I picked they were roosted on the opposite side, and would pitch down in the pasture. EVERY TIME! And they'll strutt for hens in them cow pastures all day without being called in close to the edge.
That spring on the last day of the season...it was rainin...and I picked the across side of the farm that morning and I had a gobbler on the same side at daybreak gobblin in the roost! I was so excited!!!! When he pitched down....he glided completely to the other side of the farm!!!! I just sat there wet. and thought it's time to go home and cut grass!

Mark K

Banned
Dude I had a bird in Clarksville one spring on a cattle farm I can hunt. I hit that property once a week or 2. The way it's layed out, I can't cross it without bein busted by these struttin field birds after daylight. And every mornin I'd go, no matter what side I picked they were roosted on the opposite side, and would pitch down in the pasture. EVERY TIME! And they'll strutt for hens in them cow pastures all day without being called in close to the edge.
That spring on the last day of the season...it was rainin...and I picked the across side of the farm that morning and I had a gobbler on the same side at daybreak gobblin in the roost! I was so excited!!!! When he pitched down....he glided completely to the other side of the farm!!!! I just sat there wet. and thought it's time to go home and cut grass!

Gotta love’em!!