Hunting club preference,pin in or private area

Private area or pin in

• Private area only

• Pin in area only

• Private areas then first come not private

Results are only viewable after voting.

sghoghunter

I know this has been discussed here before but let's do a poll. Pick which y'all prefer then tell why you like that particular way and why you don't like the other.

swamp hunter

I don't like any of them.
I pay to hunt a piece of property..I want to hunt all of it.
Deers core areas change thru out the year.
I'm changing with them.
Billy Bob has all the Oaks covered with his Private areas , I have to wait till the Acorns are gone just to see a buck...No Thanks.

sghoghunter

If you could only hunt the weekend due to your job and you have found yourself a honey hole that you hunted every time there how would you feel if I was parked at your honey hole Saturday morning when you got there? Or would you think that it would be common courtesy for me to not hunt in an area that you have a lot of time in?

bubbafowler

Hard for me to vote. 5 guys on a couple hundred acres first come first served. Everyone works together typically in small clubs like this. 20 guys on a big tract? One private area rest open. Let's you have your spot you work on and still plenty of open areas for moving. And I only agree with private areas for deer season. Small game and Turkey go where the dogs take you or the birds gobble.

shdw633

For those not voting for private areas I have to ask if you have ever hunted on a club with private areas.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Different types of leases for different groups of hunters. Different price ranges in hunters per acre. Different terrain. I always liked something that was just mine. A stand and yardage, or an area with yardage. I don't want anyone walking around me. I like to put extra work on what is exclusive to me. Plenty of acres with personal area plus pin in on the rest usually means a peaceful hunting lease. But deer make people curious and jealous for some reason. Just gotta find the right situation that suits you.

catch22

if possible, I am a fan of having both. On my dads farm we have 13 food plots with feeders that are first come/pin in. Each owner is allowed a "personal stand" that he can do whataver he wants with that stand and no one can hunt it. This works out pretty good

sghoghunter

The reason I ask is because there is always a couple that seems to want to better their areas by trimming lanes and limbs,planting plots,nice stands and keep feeders running all year if they choose and I am one of them. I only get to hunt the weekends or during the rut when I take my vacation so I don't want people trampling all over the woods in between. Since deer season has went out I have been running 3 feeders that's fed 1500lb of corn to keep the hogs in the area so me and my brother could cut the numbers back this past weekend. Thursday morning a fellow member sent out a group text asking if it was ok to go to our areas to call some yotes and we all agreed that it was fine for him to go ahead. Well needless to say that after Thursday afternoon the hogs quit using the feeders and were no where to be seen. After filling feeders Saturday mid day and cleaning out stands we found numerous empty rifle brass with rubber gloves thrown down around our feeders where the hogs were shot. There wasn't but one road or trail that didn't have boot tracks or golfcart tracks on and that's the one where they left a couple piles of toilet paper

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
For those not voting for private areas I have to ask if you have ever hunted on a club with private areas.

Opposite for me
I'm about to vote for private areas but I've never been in a pin in pin out club.
My club just works and I'm very happy but I don't know the other.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
My lease is 2 private areas and the rest is open, works great , 3000ac 20 members and about half have a private area , and u ask why not private area only .... because I cannot look at the same thing everyday I’m hunting , I use my private areas for my daughter , she loves to plant “her” food plots and fill her feeders , I may climb 4 different trees in one weekend !

j_seph

Private areas (certain number of them per member).
Then all other areas are 1st come 1st hunt.

For you poll leaders of the pin in. Does everyone in your clubs provide "X" amount of $$$$ that goes to stand purchases and stand maintenance each year?
Do some of the stands you pin in at have nice tower stands while others have a lock-on stand?
What happens when you have someone (yes I know one like this) that works odd shift, gets off and goes to the club at 3 a.m., pins in the same stand every morning to hunt it?
Who is responsible for the stand you are hunting? Meaning Billy Bob puts up a ladder stand, he uses ratchet straps that he has had for years, someone gets up in it thinking it is safe and stand falls?
Someone gets in stand you placed, breaks something on it and does not tell anyone, next person to pin in gets hurt!

specialk

I've never hunted a pin in type club.....don't know....

davidhelmly

I love having both, I’ve got my private area locked up that is fresh and I know on one has disturbed and then plenty of common area to bounce around in hunting different food and wind directions. On my lease I think the private areas tie up about 25% of the property leaving 75% for pin in hunting and no one can hunt another members stand.

Last edited:

CrossCentered

I like 3 private areas. Then if there are club stands I wouldn’t know either way. I like to hunt thickets, and practice extreme scent control (I don’t even wear my boots until I am in the woods). I also do all my own shooting lane trimming by hand, and any food plots I plant are with a roto tiller (so it is labor intensive). I don’t want Joe blow who sits at home in the AC, while I bust my tail in the heat preparing, to go sit my stand, drinking beer, spitting chew out the stand and smelling like a middle school locker room spooking the deer out my area. I only hunt my spots even if there are club stands.

uturn

I'm for both myself for all the reasons stated above but, as also stated above not all folks get that the reward is most times related directly to the efforts one is willing to put out for it!

Course I've always been about less is more when it comes to members as well! A lot more work to be done with less help for sure but a lot less egos, attitudes and such to deal with too!!