Hunting help

Big7

The Oracle
Focus on learning how to read your topo and aerial maps. Benches, funnels, saddles, etc, then go and scout the areas for sign. Public land is huge and this helps shrink down the amount of ground to scout.

More solid info for the OP.

OP.. Use all the info you can on GON.
This site has a bunch of knowledge. So much so, I'd venture to say, it don't get no better than this. Out of our folks that are ready to help, you can the goods right here.?

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Thanks for the advice. And I don’t mind driving for good hunting! Haha and although it’s weird to be seeking a hunting mentor at 30 years old, sometimes you have to swallow your pride and realize (in my case), I’m a below average hunter. And No matter how much book/magazine reading you do, the value of a good mentor is none replaceable. Does Georgia have any sort of hunting mentor programs that you know of? I know some states do.
I’m a below average deer hunter willing to learn all I can with you.
Send me a message and we’ll hit up some camping.

I’m a below average deer hunter willing to learn all I can with you.
Send me a message and we’ll hit up some camping.
More solid info for the OP.

OP.. Use all the info you can on GON.
This site has a bunch of knowledge. So much so, I'd venture to say, it don't get no better than this. Out of our folks that are ready to help, you can the goods right here.?

Thanks again for the great info. And you right everyone has been so helpful on the site. Really wasn’t expecting so much awesome feedback.

humblehunter22

Ztmoore23. Not sure which branch you served in but in case allow me to extend both a hooah and Semper Fi if you were either Army or Marines. Did my time like yourself and life circumstances found me back in the state of Ga. I'm not sure in regards to locality of where you are at, I am in the Powder Springs area myself. Feel free to shoot me a message sometime as I hunt a decent bit of public ground myself but am more challenged in going it alone by myself so be more than glad to link up some time and make a go of it.