Hunting is soooo expensive.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
I have never broken a traffic law with a teenager in the car with me.

Curious you mention running a stop sign, as just a week ago I got sideswiped by a 19 year old who rolled a stop at a 4 way. The fact that I had clearly stopped was the determining factor in the officer finding the other driver at fault.

Never broken a traffic law with a teenager in the car with you. My guess is you've never had a teenager in the car with you!

So you admit to breaking laws. We all do, some of us do it more frequently. I've got a lead foot and I like to drive fast so I break traffic laws all the time. Picking and choosing which laws are ok is hypocritical. We're not talking about murder, rape or doing drugs.. We're talking about taking a kid hunting!!

Not sure how old you are but I would bet $1,000 that you've ran a stop sign before. You can't prove it and neither can I but the statistics and odds are in my favor.

Encouraging a youth to abetting in disregarding the law? Pffttt... Some of you folks are over thinking this stuff. You sound like bible thumpers that won't let their kids go trick or treating cause it's the devils day. In all reality, they just want to dress up and get free candy! The kid the OP mentioned is obviously not a hunter or came from a hunting family.

To the OP, if you can't afford to buy a license for the kid, please let the forum know. I'm pretty sure I can round up the money on here to make sure this kid gets to hunt.

Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves.... facepalm:facepalm:

JackSprat

Never broken a traffic law with a teenager in the car with you. My guess is you've never had a teenager in the car with you!

So you admit to breaking laws. We all do, some of us do it more frequently. I've got a lead foot and I like to drive fast so I break traffic laws all the time. Picking and choosing which laws are ok is hypocritical. We're not talking about murder, rape or doing drugs.. We're talking about taking a kid hunting!!

Not sure how old you are but I would bet $1,000 that you've ran a stop sign before. You can't prove it and neither can I but the statistics and odds are in my favor.

Encouraging a youth to abetting in disregarding the law? Pffttt... Some of you folks are over thinking this stuff. You sound like bible thumpers that won't let their kids go trick or treating cause it's the devils day. In all reality, they just want to dress up and get free candy! The kid the OP mentioned is obviously not a hunter or came from a hunting family.

To the OP, if you can't afford to buy a license for the kid, please let the forum know. I'm pretty sure I can round up the money on here to make sure this kid gets to hunt.

Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves.... facepalm:facepalm:

Let me see the color of your money.

I have never intentionally run a stop sign, or even done a rolling stop.

i worked a case where a mother and college aged daughter ran a stop sign in front of log truck doing about 50 mph. Direct hit, the car was flattened like a soda can. They buried what was left in one coffin.

I'm the guy guys like you are blowing the horn at because I let every one clear the intersection, and let the guy trying to make a left turn go ahead and turn.

i'm not the least bit ashamed of myself.

Browning Slayer

Let me see the color of your money.

I have never intentionally run a stop sign, or even done a rolling stop.

i worked a case where a mother and college aged daughter ran a stop sign in front of log truck doing about 50 mph. Direct hit, the car was flattened like a soda can. They buried what was left in one coffin.

I'm the guy guys like you are blowing the horn at because I let every one clear the intersection, and let the guy trying to make a left turn go ahead and turn.

i'm not the least bit ashamed of myself.

Intentionally is the key word. You've already admitted to breaking traffic laws. I'd be willing to bet you've broken other laws over the years. I'd also be willing to bet you've broken a game law or 2 over the years. Intentional or not.

And I will blow the horn at folks like you. You have no right to hold people up and you don't have the right to "manage" the road ways. If you don't like the way intersections are setup, do something about it. In a personal vehicle you have no more rights than I do. Folks like you actually cause more accidents then you eliminate. Probably ride in the fast lane forcing folks to drive around you.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Just curious.... if some of u know it’s hunting season!

Curtis

Wow a lot of back and forth on here and some great ideas. Wait, what happened to the original poster? Hello, "Gone Fishing". Hello? I guess he went fishing instead of taking the kid hunting.

shootemall

I don't have the best reception on my phone right now, and I don't have a hard copy of the regs with me, but you may want to look into getting him an apprentice license. I know it's affordable, and he has to be next to a licensed hunter (over 18 y.o. I think), but I'm not sure if there is a residency requirement.

Do us a favor, post a pic in this thread if he gets a deer.

JackSprat

Intentionally is the key word. You've already admitted to breaking traffic laws. I'd be willing to bet you've broken other laws over the years. I'd also be willing to bet you've broken a game law or 2 over the years. Intentional or not.

You sure paint with a broad brush not to know a thing about me. In rhetoric, your argument would be graded a false analogy. Whether I have ever broken some law some time some where has nothing to do with question posed by the OP. I believe it's been said more or less, "all of have sinned and come short of the Glory of God."

And I will blow the horn at folks like you. You have no right to hold people up and you don't have the right to "manage" the road ways.

I don't manage the roadways, just that part underneath my vehicle.

One of the few advantages of getting old is you come to realize how much in life just doesn't make any difference. You go right ahead and blow that horn. Blow it enough, and my old car will probably stall. Then I have to get out and check the battery, because that's what everyone does when their car won't start. Then the people will start to blow their horns at you. Me, to paraphrase the song, I've got nowhere to go and a long time to get there. So you just go ahead and blow that horn long and loud,

Browning Slayer

You sure paint with a broad brush not to know a thing about me. In rhetoric, your argument would be graded a false analogy. Whether I have ever broken some law some time some where has nothing to do with question posed by the OP. I believe it's been said more or less, "all of have sinned and come short of the Glory of God."

I don't manage the roadways, just that part underneath my vehicle.

One of the few advantages of getting old is you come to realize how much in life just doesn't make any difference. You go right ahead and blow that horn. Blow it enough, and my old car will probably stall. Then I have to get out and check the battery, because that's what everyone does when their car won't start. Then the people will start to blow their horns at you. Me, to paraphrase the song, I've got nowhere to go and a long time to get there. So you just go ahead and blow that horn long and loud,

You have already broken laws. You just pick and choose which ones are ok in you’re world. You have already admitted as much by saying “I’ve never broken a traffic law with a teenager in the vehicle”..

I won’t blow it more than a couple times.. I’ll drive around. Through a ditch or over a curb.. Doesn’t mean much to me. My truck will go wherever I want it to go. You don’t know me either. I’m the one your momma warned you about growing up.

What I do know is I’ll never fault a man for taking a kid hunting who doesn’t hunt. I’ve got a half a dozen Hunter Safety courses under my name for taking kids with fathers that didn’t hunt. Instead of trying to police everybody, maybe you should help the cause and take some new kids hunting. Especially since you have so much free time. Instead of holding traffic up do some good.

To the OP. Bring the kid to my land and I’ll let him kill a deer! It’ll be the 3rd person on my property this year that has killed their “1st” deer.

Last edited:

Browning Slayer

That's funny right there, I don't care what they say.

You're letting too many of the fantasy memes go to your head.

Yep... I’m all talk.. :rofl:

Browning Slayer

Browning Slayer

Well there you go, something we can agree on.
Hey Jack, lets have a little fun! Tell us about 3 of the craziest things you’ve done in the last 20 years.. We can compare notes.. Heck, I may even throw in some pics! :rofl:

Browning Slayer

Why you calling me Jack.
U know u can post them pics. ?
:rofl::rofl:

I’ll only post the ones that won’t get me in trouble with the law in GA!

You on the road? Where you at? I know where you are heading! You should be in GA! I’m packing my bags for my hunting camp as I type this.

Happy hunting to all! I wish more folks would hunt instead of bikkering on here! Just shut up and hunt! Take a non Hunter with you!

Browning Slayer

You on the road? Where you at? I know where you are heading! You should be in GA! I’m packing my bags for my hunting camp as I type this.

Happy hunting to all! I wish more folks would hunt instead of bikkering on here! Just shut up and hunt! Take a non Hunter with you!
Dump a bag of corn or whatever.. Just get some folks in the woods!

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member

Louisiana I just seen some nice books right beside a 20

Browning Slayer

Why you calling me Jack.
U know u can post them pics. ?
Heck, I killed this buck weeks ago with a new CVA muzzleloader. Didn’t want to hear the garbage on this forum.

Attachments

• F9BB9C7B-7B9C-4F16-94BA-239B2A4C4071.jpeg
    F9BB9C7B-7B9C-4F16-94BA-239B2A4C4071.jpeg
    148.7 KB · Views: 11

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
1st off your respounce to him was the same as I responded to u sir.
I didn’t see where he had you in mind. You jumped in and it is the same as I. Just mine was not to your liking.
I’m fine with your long winded respounce. I’m fine with you saying. Yea take the kid hunting (poaching) I can’t throw rocks I live in a glass house.

I can say this ! The right thing to do would be to get the licenses. If you get a deer call it in. Most kids enjoy that part and they can share the hunting experience with there friends with out worry.
How come you respounced to his long winded respounce like that :bounce: