Hunting Kudzu

jcofer

20% protein,deer love it.My best early season key places to hunt.I have taken some good bucks in it even after it has turned brown they still will feed on it!

Tenkiller

They love it, it will without a doubt be worth hanging a stand over.

GobbleAndGrunt78

Any pics of it? I've heard of it being an invasive plant species, but can't honestly identify it.

Is it reddish-purple on the stalk/trunk? I've found this plant getting destroyed during bow season.

GA DAWG

Any pics of it? I've heard of it being an invasive plant species, but can't honestly identify it.

Is it reddish-purple on the stalk/trunk? I've found this plant getting destroyed during bow season.
WHAT???? How long you been in GA LOL!!! Its green in color with big ol leaves and vines eberywhere...

GobbleAndGrunt78

I'm sure I've seen it, just never heard someone say "Hey that's kudzu!"

Just googled it....yep seen it before.

jcofer

It is the green leaf/vine plant that takes over everything in it grows over.You see it along expressways alot because people used it to control irregation.

killabig1

Imported from China in 1876, used originally as an ornamental and then to cover irrosion early last century. Grows up to one foot per day in the summer. Deer love it and live and bed in it. Has an endless supply of fresh growth and tips to feed on and is very nutritious for them.

Sprouts purple flowers in August and dies at first frost. Frequently can see deer feeding on it in the summer in the evening. A great place to ambush them in the evening during early season. Have taken many deer in it over the years.

Its a super food plot that never has to be planted, fertilized or anything, and will grow hardily forever. No one will ever recommend planting it, but if you have some on your hunting property, its a gold mine.

HUNT IT!

SRShunter

#throwback, yall still believe kudzu is a good thing to have for deer? Looked at a tract of land today that had some on it. Actually saw some deer too.

BowanaLee

Kudzu is a deer magnet. I have a spot in my neighborhood that’s like an ocean of green. If you have bucks in it, hunt them ASAP. Mine usually left about velvet shedding time. First frost kills it too.