Hurry up, March!!!

Goose

I saw 2 birds from this past year's hatch at Broad River WMA last week. Man, it was good to see those birds lazily making their way through an old hardwood stand. All this deer-hunting talk is driving me crazy. I'm ready for the "real hunters" to start talking again!

Goose :D :p

Arrow3

I know what you mean....

Dang ole barred owl made me shock gobble this morning!!

I got some pretty good 2 yos on trail cam a few weeks back.....9 -10 inch beards.....

Their days are numbered!!

Jody Hawk

I can't wait either. This deer hunting just gives me something to do until I can get after what I love to hunt the most. I'll take a gobbling longbeard over a rutting whitetail any day !!!!!!!!!!!!

MISSING RIDGE

Gone But Not Forgotten
Pesky Critters

Jody,

Them pesky turkey critters gobble much better than them deer. I haven't been able to get the deer to respond to a friction,box,mouth,or wingbone call yet.

good hunting-Missing Ridge

GobblingDawg

Preach on, Turkey Brethen!!!!!

Go Dawgs and come on March!!
GobblingDawg

:shoot: :whip: :cool:

E

Etter1

I think you guys are absolutely insane. To each his own though I guess.

Goose

The south (Lincoln-Wilkes Co.) side, below Anthony Shoals, off Thankful Church Rd.

By the way, there were also a heap of geese hanging out at Anthony Shoals that day. That sure is a pretty spot - looks like a spot where God hangs out.

Speaking of geese, gobblingdawg suggested I mention the origin of my nickname. Ya'll might enjoy this, so here goes . . .

He, myself, and another buddy went down to Hunter Pope Golf Course in Monticello a few years ago to spend a day chasing the white ball. It's 8 o'clock in the morning and I'm standing on the 1st tee box. It's a beautiful day and we're all looking forward to a great day of golf. I tee up my ball and take a glance down the fairway. I've got a straight shot for the green some 300+ yards away, right over the knobby heads of a flock of geese hanging out in the middle of the fairway.

I get a mental picture of my ball sailing masterfully through the air, staright as an arrow, towards the green, and landing just shy of the green, setting myself up for an easy layup shot. I go through my approach ritual. Draw back on the backswing, release, and . . .

My mental picture didn't come true - my ball flew straight into the spindly neck of one of those geese! Broke his neck. He flopped around for a little bit, and then gave up the ghost. What are the chances!? ::huh:

Affectionately,
Goose

Last edited:

Junebug

It just occurred to me the other day, here I am in the middle of deer season daydreaming about spring turkeys.

Funny though...I never sit in the spring turkey woods thinking about deer season.

nevamiss270

GONetwork Member
Don't get me wrong, I love turkey hunting, but i LIVE for deer season! I heard a buncha hens the last time i was at the club.

Goose

That's what makes deer hunting worth going - the chance to see what those big gobblers are up to in the fall . . .

Goose :D

smitty

Big Tom

Seen a large tom last week ,10 inch beard with a group of 4 hens ::huh: Guess he is starting early :clap: They were roosted behind me and were till the fog broke at 9:30.

hnter270

i feel the agony of march taking so long.but deer season i love just as much. i was sittin in my stand and some roosted around me and i thought helicopters where comin through the woods. but the turkeys will disapear come march and the deer will start walkin up to you in march also