I am gonna cry!!!

nevamiss270

GONetwork Member
I just found out that my favorite fishing pier in Navarre Beach Florida has been badly damaged!!! The "T" at the end broke off and there is a big gap in another section. This pier had some of the best king action i have ever seen! I hope they have it rebuilt by next spring!

AAADawg

nevamiss270 said:
I just found out that my favorite fishing pier in Navarre Beach Florida has been badly damaged!!! The "T" at the end broke off and there is a big gap in another section. This pier had some of the best king action i have ever seen! I hope they have it rebuilt by next spring!

that thing was almost brand new...it couldnt have been more than 5 years old could it??? My Brother in law sold the concrete that was used in the pier and he told me that it was supposed to have been designed so that when it was knocked down by storms, which it eventually would be, the main structure was supposed to remain intact largely so that the replacement cost would not have been as high...if youll remember the "decking" of the pier was pressure treated wood between two concrete "roads"...the concrete was supposed to be able to stand up to wave action while the wooden deck was supposed to be to be torn away and not tear down the support structure. I dont know if it worked or not but it sounded good in theory!!!

nevamiss270

GONetwork Member
Here are some pics of the damage - maybe the wreckage in the water from the pier will bring in more fish unless they pull it up.

Attachments

• after.jpg
    after.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 231
  • after1.jpg
    after1.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 214
  • before.jpg
    before.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 209

hpurvis

Gone But Not Forgotten