I DEMAND to have that radar gun's calibration tested!

basstrkr

I do. Multiple folks, multiple times. And for the record my total was 49 warnings, 8 tickets, and my drivers license revoked for 6 months. Most of those tickets and warnings were on a Suzuki 400 trail bike back before most of the members of this forum were even born.

Yeah Nic i remember passing you on that bike one time. i was on a 70 Honda!:pop::pop::pop:

Tight Lines

Guilty. I fully admit I like to drive fast and when younger did some really silly stupid things...165 on a GSXR 1100, and that was at the entrance to I-35 on a long ramp as a passenger...120-140 multiple times on a Katana 600...no helmet. Dumb as a box of rocks...

Had muscle cars growing up, and a few sports cars...top speed on the muscle cars was around 150...only on rural unoccupied roads...sports car was limited to 155 in the US and it would do it...

I averaged 2 tickets per year from 15-30...finally slowed down when I met my wife...and got an SUV...

Have pushed 200 at Road Atlanta and that will get your adrenaline going for sure...

SUVs, trucks, and Jeeps have slowed me down quite a bit...as has a family...

100 over is pretty hard to believe...not 100, 100 over!

Last edited:

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
Fastest thing I ever owned was a 68 Pontiac Lemans rag top. 350 3 speed , I never looked at the speedometer. Other than that they been old clunker trucks and such. Of course I never had a driver's license or tags hardly either. Don't know how I ever got away with that...:bounce:

turkeykirk

All 4 trucks I have ever had, if you loaded them in a transport jet, took them up to 50,000 feet, and dumped them out, would not fall over 80 or so miles an hour till they hit the ground. The only car I ever had, a 73 Vanishing Point Challenger, would outrun everything but a 2 way radio. But even then it cost me my drivers license for 6 months to the state.

What gripes me to a killing spree is the ticket I got the other day in the mail (first ticket I`ve gotten in close to 40 years) was one where some pole mounted camera got me running 44 in a 25 MPH zone. And they demand I pay $80 for it. That`s lower`n a snakes belly in a wagon wheel rut.

Can’t be you. You are still here.:biggrin2:A25B8781-1A93-4CA5-9FD0-14881E2C3105.gif

Doboy Dawg

When I lived in Jacksonville I used to lose those JSO cars regularly, when I was on my motorcycle. One afternoon in Murray Hill, one lit the blues on me on Edgewood Ave. I took a few side streets, which I knew, and lost him.

I thought I’d have a little fun and play with him. I pulled back onto Edgewood and waited on him. He saw me and I ran again, I lost him a second time. So now I got brave and came back for round three.

I lost him again, as I was heading down the road to my house laughing, I heard a motorcycle come up on me like lightning. I turned around and looked and it was a JSO Kawasaki 1300 with a blue light.

I knew I was toast. I pulled over, shut the bike off, took my helmet off and was ready to go to jail. I could have been hit with numerous charges. That deputy was one of the coolest ones I ever met. He looked at my drivers license and realized I was 3 houses down from my house. He busted out laughing. He said, boy you can’t outrun that Motorola and your gonna need a bigger bike to outrun me.

He gave me back my license and said get your rear home. I was shocked, not even a warning ticket. That one lesson in futility humbled me a little.

A few times when I could have went to jail I walked. The tickets I got were for just breaking the limit.

Tight Lines

When I lived in Jacksonville I used to lose those JSO cars regularly, when I was on my motorcycle. One afternoon in Murray Hill, one lit the blues on me on Edgewood Ave. I took a few side streets, which I knew, and lost him.

I thought I’d have a little fun and play with him. I pulled back onto Edgewood and waited on him. He saw me and I ran again, I lost him a second time. So now I got brave and came back for round three.

I lost him again, as I was heading down the road to my house laughing, I heard a motorcycle come up on me like lightning. I turned around and looked and it was a JSO Kawasaki 1300 with a blue light.

I knew I was toast. I pulled over, shut the bike off, took my helmet off and was ready to go to jail. I could have been hit with numerous charges. That deputy was one of the coolest ones I ever met. He looked at my drivers license and realized I was 3 houses down from my house. He busted out laughing. He said, boy you can’t outrun that Motorola and your gonna need a bigger bike to outrun me.

He gave me back my license and said get your rear home. I was shocked, not even a warning ticket. That one lesson in futility humbled me a little.

A few times when I could have went to jail I walked. The tickets I got were for just breaking the limit.
Wow, that's a great story!

alphachief

In HS, my ‘73 Landcruiser topped out about 65 MPH. Unfortunately, it wasn’t the top end of that beast that kept me in trouble!

dslc6487

Got ticketed one time for failure to dim my lights, in town, with street lights everywhere, and I was well within speed limit. I told the cop that he "really needed to find something to do". He just laughed, and that was it. Went before judge, he laughed at the cop and threw out the charge.........young cop, probably 20 years old.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
Fastest I have ever been was between 160 and 168mph on I24 west of Chattanooga.
I was in a 92 mustang coupe, dyno tuned to 450hp at the wheels, 348 stroker motor.
Raced a new modle Camaro that was governed to 168mph.
He couldn't leave me and I couldn't leave him.

Just lucky we didn't get caught or killed at 2am.

oldfella1962

Got ticketed one time for failure to dim my lights, in town, with street lights everywhere, and I was well within speed limit. I told the cop that he "really needed to find something to do". He just laughed, and that was it. Went before judge, he laughed at the cop and threw out the charge.........young cop, probably 20 years old.

On a related note, I would gladly buy a cop lunch if they would ever pull somebody over for not turning on their headlights when it's raining, or not using headlights when it's DARK! I used to flash my headlights at people just as a reminder that NOBODY CAN SEE THEM but I don't bother anymore. :(

specialk

got a ticket in Nags Head NC back in july.....25mph over....off. told me i'd have to come back to appear....i called a buddy retired NC trooper hooked me up with a lawyer over there, took an online driving class, pd 400, and agreed to plead guilty to improper equipment...poof, went away.....funny thing was when i got back home my mailbox was full solicitations from about 15 different lawyers from that area wanting to handle my case.....as my granny would say ''ain't nothing but a money racket!''....lol....

Last edited:

Redbow

I have had 2 tickets since I started driving in 1962. The first one was for driving too fast for conditions. The second was 70 in 55 they hit me with 4 points with that one. Twice I have been stopped for speeding since that time but both Cops told me to slow down, not even a warning ticket.

westcobbdog

I do. Multiple folks, multiple times. And for the record my total was 49 warnings, 8 tickets, and my drivers license revoked for 6 months. Most of those tickets and warnings were on a Suzuki 400 trail bike back before most of the members of this forum were even born.
Instead of the phrase drive like you stole it, now it's drive it like Nic.

oldfella1962

got a ticket in Nags Head NC back in july.....25mph over....off. told me i'd have to come back to appear....i called a buddy retired NC trooper hooked me up with a lawyer over there, took an online driving class, pd 400, and agreed to plead guilty to improper equipment...poof, went away.....funny thing was when i got back home my mailbox was full solicitations from about 15 different lawyers from that area wanting to handle my case.....as my granny would say ''ain't nothing but a money racket!''....lol....

That last part brings back memories! :LOL: When my son got arrested for the first time
my mailbox was IMMEDIATELY flooded with lawyer advertising!