I Don't Believe I Would Be Eating Any North Carolina Seafood For A While

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
In normal times those rivers have swamps, marshes, oxbow lakes, sloughs, and various other lowland areas that water flows through and gets filtered. When that much excess high water comes through, it takes everything, good and bad, and dumps it into the oceans.

NOYDB

BANNED
Those rivers have H2O in them! All that raw water will put a strain on any ones system. And it's not even in bottles!

My goodness think of what was required to produce that. We'll assume no child labor involved so several nominal adults were involved. What else besides the MSM have they polluted?

Last edited:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
In normal times those rivers have swamps, marshes, oxbow lakes, sloughs, and various other lowland areas that water flows through and gets filtered. When that much excess high water comes through, it takes everything, good and bad, and dumps it into the oceans.

Yep. Hog farming is big in NC so just imagine what's in the run off.

threeleggedpigmy

Mod
Staff member
At least the pollution is organic:banana::shoot:::gone:::gone:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180927-173524.png
    Screenshot_20180927-173524.png
    316.9 KB · Views: 10

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
All that is running into the ocean 24/7, pretty much. It'll make bigger shrimps. :)

Redbow

Awww, now Lee, I will send you some fresh shrimp, oysters, clams, fish, whatever you you want from up here..A little hog waste, a bit of coal ash, a few pesticides, insecticides weed killers etc mixed in never hurt nobody..Really I don't blame you on that, some areas in SC are probably about as bad as we are here..The people who run this outfit will most likely declare everything is back to normal and okay pretty soon now, no worries mate eat more seafood the waters are fine..

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Awww, now Lee, I will send you some fresh shrimp, oysters, clams, fish, whatever you you want from up here..A little hog waste, a bit of coal ash, a few pesticides, insecticides weed killers etc mixed in never hurt nobody.

It sure saves on the cost of seasoning. :biggrin2:

Redbow

Yeah, the seasoning is already in the water...But, last friday the powers that run everything in this county and the county below us say all is well now, we can fish, go boating eat fish, swim, have a party etc. Shellfish such as oysters and clams still have a closure on them due to pollution but everything else is kosher...Go get 'em...

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Yeah, the seasoning is already in the water...But, last friday the powers that run everything in this county and the county below us say all is well now, we can fish, go boating eat fish, swim, have a party etc. Shellfish such as oysters and clams still have a closure on them due to pollution but everything else is kosher...Go get 'em...

I'd still might want to wait a month or two until the fish kill is over.:wink:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
There for awhile, you didn't have to put any oil in the pan to fry Gulf shrimp. :bounce: