I Got a Project Car !! You Gotta Guess What it is !!

rayjay

The main criteria is that no individual engine part could weigh over about 25 lbs.

What did I get ????? First correct answer gets an Attaboy !!

rayjay

Attachments

• PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 20

Cmp1

BANNED
Took a trip with my buddy to Sault st Marie in the winter in a bug,,,,good Lord,,,,no heat,,,,

mattuga

Banned
ATTABOOOYYYYY !!!!

Definitely a patina car right now. I had a 63 Beetle in HS and a 59 Baja Bug 72 - 73.

Haha, my first guess thought was a Baja buggy but I thought a VW Beetle would be more practical. My dad tells stories of family trips to the beach in one and my brothers and I all did the Punch Buggy "game" growing up. The few times we went by a bug graveyard was 10 hits or something haha!

rayjay

Attachments

• autox r5.JPG
    autox r5.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 4

bilgerat

Senior
I bought a Le Car for 150 bucks back in the early 80s and took it to deer camp, bout 10 beer thirty I thru the keys on the table and said "whos up for some terrace jumping??", Its prob still upside down in the woods where we crawled out of it:p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: .

jbogg

My first car was a 71’ Baja Bug, but I’m going with a Karmann Ghia for my guess.

Hillbilly stalker

That’s the one vehicle I never saw while I was stationed in Germany. A VW bug. We used to cut the body off and make a redneck dune buggy out of them back home in the mountains. You could ride thru 2-3 counties on the gas lines. That was before everybody went deer crazy and before 4 wheelers were around.

rayjay

Well, I got a tag!! Had to do the popo VIN inspection. The guy was a complete gearhead and we gabbed for an hour or more about cars, the education system, the direction the country is going, etc.

So I take that form back to the tag office and Hagerty hasn't submitted my ins to the GA system. I call them and they say about an hour. I head back home and half way there they call and say it's been done. Go back and everything goes smoothly and the clerk says $20. I write the check and head out with my tag.

I get home and it hits me, WAIT A MINUTE, WHAT ABOUT THE SALES TAX ? I call them up and they check it and say that I'm on the old style yearly advalorem tx and will get a bill on my birthday..... I thought all new purchases were going to be taxed once ??? Whatever... At least I'm no longer worrying about it.

Now I can start refurbing.

rayjay

Oh yeah, the tag # is RTV#### Ray's Third Volkswagen which it is :)

GoldDot40

Porsche 911 twin turbo powertrain? It'll fit...especially if you can fabricate. ;)

GoldDot40

Ultimate sleeper. Even put the "whistler pipes" on it to create that distinct exhaust note those Beetles were known for.