I have 2.5 days.

2bbshot

Thread starter #1
I'm going to carve out 2.5 days to hunt during the week for an archery bear end of next week. First time uptjere hunting (fished a good bit) I'm not expecting to kill anything just going to go hunt hard and see what I can do. Ive got a cabin up there so for convenienience I can hunt Coopers or the Chattahooche NF. Certainly don't want anyone's spot but what WMA has a better chance at a legal bear in your opinion. Thanks guys.

I'd go where I know the land best, have ID some good spots previously that have white oaks near a gap or other feature, that allows good access to go in and then also get a bear out. Then, put boots on ground looking for sign to narrow down where among these spots to actually hunt. Good luck.

jbogg

I'm going to carve out 2.5 days to hunt during the week for an archery bear end of next week. First time uptjere hunting (fished a good bit) I'm not expecting to kill anything just going to go hunt hard and see what I can do. Ive got a cabin up there so for convenienience I can hunt Coopers or the Chattahooche NF. Certainly don't want anyone's spot but what WMA has a better chance at a legal bear in your opinion. Thanks guys.
There has been a fair amount of hunting pressure on Chattahoochee and Chestatee WMAs this week with the ongoing early rifle hunt so if I were bowhunting I would focus on One of the other WMAs or NF. The activity seems to be best in the evenings, so with your limited time I would spend my mornings walking leads and saddles until you find very fresh sign and then sit over it in the PM until dark. Good luck.

Twincedargap, if there is a bear, then there must be a thread!! Post it because we all want to see!!

I like that new pic in your avatar Tom. Congrats again on your bear. I can't believe you dragged him out of there on your own.
Thanks John. And KK, I posted the bear kill in the 2017 Harvest Thread. Its pinned to the top of the first page. The mod updated the page to add create a 2017 thread & remove the 2011 & 2012 harvest threads that seemed permanently pinned.