"I have been anointed"

Madman

And, among adults it is homosexuality. When kids are involved it IS pedophilia. What facts could change that?
How many cases of pedophilia were reported? I'll not defend either. Even Jesus had Judas.
Let's talk about the orthodox. What problem do you have with them? What about the Anglicans? Or the Cops? Just humans trying to worship their God.
I'll not let Judas keep me from Jesus.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I sure he does know, but we have free will.
Still has bad men in it. The church has never taught men are infallible.
Again, if a god steps in to help in car crashes and a thousand other things.......

Madman

Again, my employee can lie to me, you and every other human on the planet.
If there was a force above humans who is said to interact with humans every single day and decide outcomes and that force allows these people to represent the organization..."HIS" organization....well....it all seems like it ends at the human level.
We believe that one day He will return to judge the earth. So it ends with him.

Madman

Again, if a god steps in to help in car crashes and a thousand other things.......
. May step in, I dont know. I believe we have all seen some amazing things in our lives. Miracle or explainable? We may never know.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
How many cases of pedophilia were reported? I'll not defend either. Even Jesus had Judas.
Let's talk about the orthodox. What problem do you have with them? What about the Anglicans? Or the Cops? Just humans trying to worship their God.
I'll not let Judas keep me from Jesus.
And you don't have to.
I just do not believe that there is any higher power beyond humans. If there is I certainly do not know it. And I do not believe that one religion, sect, denomination or single person knows more or is any closer to a higher power than anyone else. I am also convinced that the writings of all the various religions are nothing more than man made.

Regarding the orthodox, anglicans etc... they are byproducts of the same man made rules and are only as accurate and infallible as their worst member. Weakest link in the chain. If the writings they follow are inaccurate and fallible, how can what they stand for and do...even if 100% accurate and unchanged to those writings...be any better?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
We believe that one day He will return to judge the earth. So it ends with him.
I understand what is taught in order to comfort.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I believe we have erred from the op.
Its all connected. No subject is that direct that it is not made up of many other things that tie into it.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
. May step in, I dont know. I believe we have all seen some amazing things in our lives. Miracle or explainable? We may never know.
Same as my answer earlier.
It is easy to fill in gaps with what we want instead of being content not knowing.

Madman

And you don't have to.
I just do not believe that there is any higher power beyond humans. If there is I certainly do not know it. And I do not believe that one religion, sect, denomination or single person knows more or is any closer to a higher power than anyone else. I am also convinced that the writings of all the various religions are nothing more than man made.

Regarding the orthodox, anglicans etc... they are byproducts of the same man made rules and are only as accurate and infallible as their worst member. Weakest link in the chain. If the writings they follow are inaccurate and fallible, how can what they stand for and do...even if 100% accurate and unchanged to those writings...be any better?
I understand that is what you believe, I believe all we see had to have a cause, basic logic. My theology has evolved from that.

Madman

Same as my answer earlier.
It is easy to fill in gaps with what we want instead of being content not knowing.
As I said, I dont know. I have an event that happened to me the I have no idea how it happened short of a miracle.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I understand that is what you believe, I believe all we see had to have a cause, basic logic. My theology has evolved from that.
I believe that it has a cause also. We differ on the cause, and I am pretty sure you believe the cause has no cause.

Madman

How can you be sure the rules are man made? If the writings are infallible what should that tell you?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
As I said, I dont know. I have an event that happened to me the I have no idea how it happened short of a miracle.
I totally understand that. I have also. I used to think the God of the Bible was the only explanation. Then I found out different but similar enough things happen to people all over the planet and they give credit to their gods for very specific reasons that are eerily similar to the specific reasons of a lot of other religions. I have to consider that their gods are equally responsible and real or none are.

Madman

I totally understand that. I have also. I used to think the God of the Bible was the only explanation. Then I found out different but similar enough things happen to people all over the planet and they give credit to their gods for very specific reasons that are eerily similar to the specific reasons of a lot of other religions. I have to consider that their gods are equally responsible and real or none are.
what if the God of the Bible was the explanation?
We can agree to a point. Maybe the God of the Bible does it all. I just believe, when it comes to "God stories" the Judeo/ Christian God checks the boxes.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
We can agree to a point. Maybe the God of the Bible does it all. I just believe, when it comes to "God stories" the Judeo/ Christian God checks the boxes.
That is just as easily argued by another believer in another god.